Skip to content
Maintankadin

divine guardian

Aranbenjo
Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:47 pm
Understood ... never been in those place ...
so to just help myself ... in a general guideline ...
can we say ... apart from personal favor
"Spec DG only on those boss that specifc require it and spec hoj elsewhere"?
thank u all ---

on the OT and guild politics :
trying to be in par with the warriors involes myself in hard preparation.
i understand my guild will not move from the warrior tank pov, unless the pally brings something better (not different ... ).
So in the beginning of the post i was just claiming (and this is only my personal experience) from that pov u'll better stay on par with them in the interrupt theme. that's it.
I understand that nobody here have the same problem ...
So it will be just me thinking that sacrificing hoj for dg will screw the competion away.
_________________
The savior of the broken,the beaten and the damned

Aranbenjo.Thunderhorn.EU
Spotnick
Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:02 am
I'm still debating in spending my last 2 points in here or with improved HoJ...

I have used divine shield to unload charge on the healer so far, but I don't necessary want to find a new way to get damage.

But it is true that in fights without aggro tables, this seems like a major help since it will make it easier for the healers... I can see that, and it's making me consider it.

But then again, if you use this when a boss enrage or because of "oh shit" situations, and this is a fight where the off-tank is taking a lot of damage too (example, lynx boss in ZA), then taking 30% of the off-tank damage might not be a good thing.

So... tough pick.
Majiben
Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:53 pm
Divine Guardian does NOT damage you. You are immune.

That is all.
_________________
Spotnick
Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:57 am
Oh...

Then I'm glad i picked it up lol.
Indago
Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:24 am
Sorry for the silly question, but I dont have DG yet so I havent been able to test it; but was considering picking it up and I just wanted to be sure-

If I use DG and then clear the bubble, does it cancel the whole effect or do I still take the 30% raid dmg, in which case Id get flattened?

I can think of a few sitiations where I use the bubble just to cast/cancel it to clear a debuff or something (Moroes' blind, any of the bosses/mobs that fear, or the brewfest boss in brd with the barrel thing-just some that I could think of off the top of my head) and go back to tanking the boss. Im iffy on weither I want to lose that ability that no other tank class has (unless they are wearing a pvp trinket), or if I could get myself killed trying it. I know the examples I gave are no where near endgame, because my pally tank was probably the least progressed of my alts and idk may other raid fights from a tanks point of view, and Iv yet to see what the the raid bosses in WotLK do.
Just trying to get a clearer picture of it before I settle on my talents. Thanks in advance! Smile
_________________

"It's not how hard you hit, it's how hard you get hit, and keep moving forward."-R.Pausch
Gideon
Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:16 am
If the decision is down to HoJ vs DG then I see it like this: DG is situational, agreed. However HoJ is situational too. The difference is that when my guild goes into heroic Naxx we have about five guys who can interrupt but only I can DG.

I've used DG on Twins, M'uru, KJ, Razuvious (no idea if it did anything, although the 3 sec bubbletaunt gave us what we needed for our first kill), Gluth, 4HM, Heigan, Malygos, Sapphiron. I won't bother listing every OT job where I've used it or could have used it as that would be all of them.

I get more than my fair share of MT assignments. I have to beg to sit out of fights now. This is because my RL loves a guy who thinks outside his job description to help the raid.
_________________
Thels
Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:58 am
Anyone seen it bugging on live lately? It's possibly the biggest reason for me not yet considering it, as it's pretty nice for utility.

If it's bugfree, then I'll probably take it, but I really don't want to spec into another glib.
_________________


Zoe's guide to building your tankadin
Sweeney
Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:27 am
You guys are making me feel a little guilty for skipping DG in favor of ...wait for it... Pursuit of Justice, but hey, I'm only doing 5-mans at the moment, so I know I'm being selfish.

I will continue to rationalize that increased movement speed is absolutely necessary to me, but if anyone can figure out a way to get DG and PoJ at the same time without giving up something important, oh please let me know. Smile
_________________
Sweeney: 80 Paladin, Runetotem
Majiben
Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:44 am
It has been bug free on live unless you quickly cancel DS before the server processes it all. You can circumvent it by adding /cancelaura divine guardian to the standard bubble unbubble macro.

Ayka
Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:08 am
I've been using it on a pretty constant basis, and I have yet to see it bug.
_________________