I was leveled Ret and hated it. I was OOM after virtually every combat, I felt like squichy and did not like it.
Switched Prot and loved it. Yeah, it is a bit boring when only taking on 1, 2, or 3 mobs at once but once you get to level 30 with Seal of Light and Blessing of Sanctuary, you can start taking on more and once you max out Reckoning at level 35, you are now an AoE grinding king.
I had some high level help so gear from instances was not an issue and by level 39 when I went to go PvP for the Epic Plate bracers from WSG, I was dressed in most of the Scarlet set from SM (Raging Berserker's Helm, Herod's Shoulders, Scarlet Chestpiece, Gauntlets of Divinity, Scarlet Leggings and Scarlet Boots) along with the Stonefist Girdle from RFK quest and the Medal of Courage from the quest chain in STV. Throw in the Silky Spider Cape from RFD, Dragonclaw Ring from RFD and still using the Seal of Sylvanas from SFK and your gear is good to go.
I had the Aegis of the Scarlet Commander which is the best shield for quite a while and I got the Sword of Omen at the minimum level of 33 and had the + 40 Spell Damage enchant placed on it. That one weapon will get you all the way to level 58 and entering Outlands, there are few if any better weapons with both Strength and Stamina on them with a swing time of 2.0 or less.
Just over 4000 armor at level 39 (with Devotion Aura) for the PvP dressed all in mail as a non-twink was pretty nice. Once I got the Bracers, the Trinket and the Healing Cloak, I popped 40, put on select Plate pieces and quested / AoE Grinded and hit level 50 before I knew it.
After that, it was fast as heck. I know that perhaps Ret could be faster but I don't honestly know how. I know they kill individual mobs faster but I can solo 6-10 mobs my own level or 1-2 levels below my own and kill them all within about 70-90 seconds while maintaining 75% mana and 50% health. Bandage, loot and you are a full bars ready for the next pull.
Protection forever!!!
Thad
_________________
------
Thad, Current Toon = Blood Elf Pally Bloodprince on Altar of Storms
sherck
Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:20 am
