Heh, we use a
completely different setup in raids. We set our hunter as MT #5, and use him as damage assist. If you need something over the damage target's head, look for the big red arrow... or punch the /assist hunter macro. EDIT: Ok, so while I was posting that someone with the same concept said more or less what I am, haha.
Star, circle, diamond, and triangle are targets that will actively be tanked. They're assigned to the same people every raid (IE: I get star, Morteunious gets circle, etc).
The next 3 icons (moon, square, X) are divided amongst the mages and warlocks. If it's a demon, the corresponding warlock banishes it. If it's a human or beast, the corresponding mage polymorphs it. The moon also doubles as the SP mind control target.
Skull is the "Not enough tanks + CC, obliterate that one first, DPS warriors will 'tank' it" fallback. Usually, this is for pets that take 5-10 seconds to slaughter, but harass healers if ignored.
-Splug
_________________
(Usually) Prot warrior:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug