Skip to content
Maintankadin

BoS for Hunters?

Chiamblagh
Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:01 pm
As someone with a raiding hunter main...

I take it as a personal insult if I receive Salv without asking for it, unless Might, Kings, and Wisdom have already been taken care of.

Also worth noting that I will NEVER ask for it on a boss fight -- if I start feigning at 90%, any tank worth being in raid would have to stop generating threat for me to hit 130% and pull before I've had several tries on feign (if the first resists).

On trash, I'll occasionally ask for it, just so I can go a full burn a bit sooner, since feign won't cool down as fast as mobs die.


Heroics tend to depend on the tank (the worse the tank, the more likely I am to ask for Salv). Normal instances will pretty much never bring me to asking for Salv, after I realized my gear had gotten to the point that I could pretty much tank trash mobs plenty long enough for a feign or taunt, even in the rare case that I accidentally pull.
cyndeace
Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:31 am
In 5mans, I will Salv a hunter if 2 things happen.
1) I don't know him
2) He pulls agro with no FD a couple times

If I know him or he/she is good at using FD I will give them might. It helps on boss pulls with MD and the extra dps is nice. I have grouped with alot of bad hunters, but equally as much with good hunters. Then again, I have grouped with good and bad players of all classes....the problem with PuG's.
_________________
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hellscream&n=Cyndeace
Gerilith
Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:17 am
Never ever.

Might -> Kings -> Wisdom -> Light -> Sanctuary -> Salvation

Yeah, having 6 Pallies I'd think of giving hunters Salvation.
_________________

Cauze blizzard begins to let healing suck.
jere
Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:41 am
Personally for me it depends on the hunters. If they keep pulling aggro and forget they have feign death, then BoSalv it is.
_________________
Utena
Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:20 am
In a PUG, DPS with threat reduction/elimination skills that actively try to gain aggro, I'd let them die.

In a raid, I'd talk to their class leader and tell them to educate the huntard...

Salv when you've got FD and Misdirection = no.
_________________
My new 0/46/15 build
DamnLag
Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:39 pm
I hate Hunters, I have yet to take one on any of my instance runs. I will wait a little longer to fill a DPS slot.

They ALL seem have something to prove. I have not invited one in over a year now.

If I ever go beyond Normal/Heroic and start putting together 10man raids.. Again, I will do everything I can to avoid using one. I don't care what they bring to the table.
_________________
Batteries not included.
Suikano
Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:56 pm
I used to raid on a hunter in MC, rode that threat cap like a college freshman. No salv, I did occasionally pull agro on trash when i started a little early, but FD and Deterrence kept me alive pretty much every time.
_________________
Saritenite
Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:15 am

which ever people want

I find that just asking who wants what is so much easier. In 5 mans, much less raids, its still important to build trust among members. I'd trust members to do what they do best. After all, they know their own class best.

Though the standard priority is:

Locks/Mages/Dps Druids/Rogues/Fury Warriors get Salvation

Healers/Shadow Priests get Wisdom

Tanks get Light

Kings for those who ask for it
_________________
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?n=Saritenite&r=Dath'Remar