Skip to content
Maintankadin

Basic Training 101: The Attack Table

theckhd
Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:55 pm

Re: Basic Training 101: The Attack Table

Arg, so does going through Guides -> Advanced Training -> Attack Table.

It was working fine yesterday when I posted it. I'll hit up Aergis to see what happened and fix it.

<edit> Should be fixed now.
Arcand
Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:26 pm

Re: Basic Training 101: The Attack Table

Works for me now, but I didn't try it before so my feedback isn't especially valuable.
theckhd
Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:19 pm

Re: Basic Training 101: The Attack Table

Arcand: This can probably be de-stickified to clean up the forum a bit if you like. It's now posted in the "guides" section, and I have a link back to this thread from the guide for comments and suggestions.
Arcand
Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:49 pm

Re: Basic Training 101: The Attack Table

Thanks - I'll consider that if I worry that we're getting too cluttered in here, but for the moment I think this post remains a good use of space. :)

I'm not a big fan of the new site interface, so if you disagree with me it's probably because you've made friends with the interface better than I have.
theckhd
Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:17 pm

Re: Basic Training 101: The Attack Table

Someone dug up an old EJ post by Chicken where he tested what type of attack each of our abilities counted as. They line up exactly with the classifications I gave them in the article. I've added the link to the references section.
lythac
Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:42 am

Re: Basic Training 101: The Attack Table

As you will probably see in your TPS thread something has happened to ShoR and can now be dodged/parried. Shows a parry here - Edge's WMO parse.
theckhd
Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:24 pm

Re: Basic Training 101: The Attack Table

Yup, it's also proccing seals now. Seems they changed it to a melee attack this patch.

I'll be updating once we have an idea whether this is a bug or whether this is an intended change.
theckhd
Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:42 pm

Re: Basic Training 101: The Attack Table

Updated to reflect the change to ShoR, and included a link to the testing that shows taunts are based on spell hit rating and miss chances.
econ21
Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:38 pm

Re: Basic Training 101: The Attack Table

How can you calculate if you are block capped/unhittable? Back in the BC days, I used a macro to test for the 102.4%, but I guess it is dated now I am level 80 and I can't get the new one from the macros sub-forum to work, viz:

/run ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Unhittable at 102.4%% - you have %.2f%%", GetDodgeChance() + GetBlockChance() + GetParryChance() + 5 + 1/(0.0625 + 0.956/(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)/4.91850*0.04))))

How does one compute this manually? I get that it tests whether total avoidance is 102.4%. I can see % chances for dodge, parry and block stats in the in-game character sheet under defences. Do I add these up? Then add 30% for block under Holy Shield? What about miss - is that just 5%? When I do all this, I get a number that seems too small (although maybe my gear is just too bad). Do the numbers on the character sheet include the contribution of defence? The macro seems a little more complicated (I am not following what's going on after the +5).

Sorry to ask such a basic question, but block cap and unhittable are mentioned so many times without quite explaining to the uninitiated how to compute it.
lythac
Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:26 pm

Re: Basic Training 101: The Attack Table

Avoidance = Miss from Def + base mob miss chance(5%) + Dodge + Parry
Block = Block + HS (30%)

Then if Avoidance + Block > 102.4% (vs ??) then you are block capped.

To get miss from def you need to use the formula here (tankspot) or refer to a table (the tooltip for miss from def is pre DR).

Code: Select all
Def Pre DR Post DR
540   5.60   4.29
541   5.64   4.31
542   5.68   4.33
543   5.72   4.35
544   5.76   4.38
545   5.80   4.40
546   5.84   4.42
547   5.88   4.44
548   5.92   4.46
549   5.96   4.49
550   6.00   4.51
551   6.04   4.53
552   6.08   4.55
553   6.12   4.57
554   6.16   4.59
555   6.20   4.61
556   6.24   4.64
557   6.28   4.66
558   6.32   4.68
559   6.36   4.70
560   6.40   4.72
Lumerian
Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Basic Training 101: The Attack Table

This was very helpful to me thank you very much for sharing I am only a 63 ret pally now however I will respec to prot at about 75 anyway thanks again
theckhd
Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:46 pm

Re: Basic Training 101: The Attack Table

Updated with dodge/parry % for bosses/mobs of different levels.
Arcand
Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: Basic Training 101: The Attack Table

Now I'm starting to think the number of stickies is in the yellow zone.

OP, would you care to...

a) Keep this current for Cata,

b) Dump this post and start a new one for Cata, or

c) Dump this post?