Skip to content
Maintankadin

Why was Hand of Righeousness needed?

Worldie
Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:30 am
Personally this taunt is becoming my main taunt and RD my backup one.

I got 6%+ hit on gear already, vendored the Glyph for RD long time ago Smile
_________________

Uord - Prot Warrior
Darkworldie - Death Knight

Tanking... srs business
Martie
Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:52 am
I'm really looking forward to having a single target taunt.

I'm one of the tanks in our guild, and every time I need to pick up a single mob from another tank I have an issue, since I'll take three.
_________________
I'm about to drop the hammer...
...and dispense some indiscriminate justice!

This is my armory profile
moduspwnens
Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:27 am
Not having a single target taunt made doing Kel'thuzad for our guild a pain. We run with two Prot Paladins, so naturally, around 40%, one Paladin has the two Guardians and one has Kel'thuzad. Well, he can still Frost Blast the guy tanking the Guardians, and especially as time goes on, it gets to the point where it is impossible to heal the add tank through NOT ONLY 104% of his health in damage, but also TWO bugs who have been stacking Blood Tap for the last several minutes.

So if the add tank gets frozen, the main tank taunts the bugs off of him long enough for it to wear off and he get topped off. Now the main tank has two bugs AND Kel'thuzad, and we have no way (aside from having another tanking class taunt) to separate Kel'thuzad from the bugs.

I'll be happy to have this taunt.
_________________
Collecting mounts? Check this out.
Moduspwnens - Shattered Hand
Snake-Aes
Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:11 pm
There are many scenarios where taunting 3 random targets off a player is a bad idea. Some were mentioned. We needed a single-target taunt.

Paladins also are the only class who doesn't have any kind of baseline ranged attack(to pull!), so we needed a token ranged attack.

They added both into 1 ability: Hand of Reckoning.
_________________
Promoted from Spankadin to Rayearth Magic Knight!
WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Stairway to Heaven
Ardelia
Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:18 pm
Because we didn't have nearly enough abilities that use the words Hand, Hammer, and Right in them. This brings us back up to the proper confusion threshold.
Playdoh
Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:58 pm
In 5 man heroics, RD is amazing.

As a tank you want everything that isn't CC'd on you, and who cc's anything anymore.

Getting into 10 man's and 25 man's, when you have other people that need to pick up mobs it becomes more a real challenge to work around righteous defense.

Just a few fight's the RD can bug or it's not a good idea to use.

Archavon
Sapphiron
Grobulus
Anub'renuk
Kel

4 horseman has to have it's own strategy with paladin's

Lots of bosses in Wotlk are tauntable. Lots of bosses summon adds that have to be picked up.

Getting too much on you that you die is your fault as a tank.

I am actually glad that our threat out threats most other tank classes. I rely on out threating at the moment to pick things up rather than a taunt, BUT I have caused wipes due to righteous defense mechanics.
_________________
Kelaan
Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:13 pm
Last night, on the trash before Razuvius, there were some whirlwinding mobs. Since they have no target, not having a taunt was frustrating. (They might be immune or unaffected by taunts while whirling, but I'll not know until I have said single target taunt. Smile)
Selenia Wolfwood
Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:14 pm
I will still be using RD a lot, especially when I'm the only tank in a group (i.e. 5-mans). However, I look forward to getting a single-target taunt, especially one that does damage (more threat always good, especially in a pull).
_________________

Mehnalas
Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:34 pm
This taunt came into issue on our grobbulus fight once. The main tank had a fallout add, so I thoughtlessly used my taunt to try and get it off him as I was off tanking. This resulted in some confusion when I pulled that boss. The MT is very understanding though.

I'm lazy so I'll probably only have one of the taunts bound at once. Using HoR when I'm raiding.
_________________
Martie
Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:45 pm
If the new taunt also doesn't trigger the gcd, you could macro them both to the same key. Razz
_________________
I'm about to drop the hammer...
...and dispense some indiscriminate justice!

This is my armory profile