Skip to content
Maintankadin

Best way to Pull???

PsiVen
Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:16 pm
Divine Shield + Holy Wrath remains simply the best way to pull. You don't get to do it often, but man, when you do...
_________________



Roll a warrior, eh? What a good idea...
Ardaic
Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:32 pm

Bubble

Alright, I've been trolling the forums, and nobody seems to talk specifically about it - if they have, please point me in that direction so I can see what the pro's are saying about it.

The Bubble Pull (Usually used in conjunction with the 'face' or 'AS' methods)

The method's used when you're not op'ing CC or you want to get runners pulled back or want to pull back from potential runners - Random run-ins in SL @Murmur, for example.

-Make sure your group is out of LoS and in no way in combat with you.

-AS or face.

-When you have aggro, pop your bubble - Melee moves with you as well, but (apart from imps) damage casters will stop casting and charge into melee with you also. This means that you have everybody in your consecration and there's no worry for any of the aggro going to your dps.

-When they're all where you want them, drop your bubble and tell you dps and healers to open fire.

That little baby's gotten me a lot of fast runs and many no-death instances now, and I love it to death.
_________________
Gideon
Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:42 am
http://thottbot.com/i28767 perhaps?

I avoid the sap/AS conflict by either never using cc or, if I have to, relying on sheep/fear.
_________________
Hollyhell
Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:04 am
Unless it's a heroic I tend to tank all the mobs at once, so me pulling doesn't matter.
DeadMilliken
Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:43 am
I can't believe no one has listed my favorite way of pulling when AS isn't an option.

Goblin Rocket Launcher...
Single target stun for 3s
+~1100 dmg
45yd range!
Usable every 2mins.

http://www.thottbot.com/i23836

On 2 pulls I'll target the first kill target then follow up with JoR
On 3 pulls I'll target the 2nd target (expecially if its to be CC'd) then JoR the primary.
On 4+ pulls I just use AS and figure out which one to target so it won't pull the sap target (*AS will always bounce to the next nearest target...its not random, and can be quite predictable.)
Roflzburger
Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:07 pm
I've used the bubble pull in karazhan for the undead spell casters and that room that has imps and warlocks, works beautifully.

In my limited raid experience we had hunters misdirect onto every tank, so I never got to Avenging Shield...that normal? I could definitely see AS with mages sheeping and warriors taunting the other mobs off.
_________________
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bloodhoof&n=Roflzburger
Darkshadow201068
Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:14 pm
I dunno..I use AS even when in heroics when using sheep AND sap..

Get the rogue to sap, then get the mage to sheep pull, then the mage moves back and i fire AS once the mob in question is out of range of the CC guys.

In heroic SP i can use AS on almost every pull. You just have to be aware that the CC mobs aren't going to head straight for you.

Or if you are in a situation where you can't use AS, get a mage to rank one frostbolt the mob or a rogue to pull with thier thrown weapon. Once the mob is close, JoR.
halabar
Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:50 am
well, until you have better trinkets, there are always Linkin's boomerang and the cold basilisk eye. Both are great for pulling, and not breaking sap.

An as an aside, since I have been playing my hunter more, I have one big beef about tanks pulling. Most of them either pull on top of my trap, or they don't indicate where they are going to pull to, so I have to scramble to get into dps range. A tank should clearly indicate where he is gonna pull to, so the hunter can trap to the side and be in dps range at the same time.
Cames
Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:06 am
Get a Decapitator. Best item since Linken's Boomerang!
_________________
What is not dead can eternal lie;
In strange aeons, even death may die.
YoYoMa
Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:45 am
My favorite pull of all time is still

http://www.thottbot.com/?i=4832

Back before we has AS, and we wern't fighting undead. This was the premier way to pull. I still carry it in my backpack just in case Cool
Spatulor
Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:52 pm
Mana Tap pulls make me giggle.

I mix up my pulls using AS, getting Conc aura and Earth Shield for an uninterruptable Holy Wrath , exorcism, and good ol' "run in and hit something"
_________________
Diocaska
Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:41 am
Best way to pull.

Right. You get home from work/school.

Have a bath/shower, make sure you feel fresh.

Bit of deoderant. Bit of aftershave (gotta smell good!, but don't use too much! too much will put them off!!).

Then get a nice shirt, remember to dress smart. Or whatever will be appropriate for the place.

Then remember to act calm, and be yourself.


???

Pull
_________________

Tanked:
- Attumen and Midnight (same time)
- Maiden
- Offtanked Gruul