I'll give the advice nobody ever likes hearing:
Try to find bad PUGs.
Nothing helps your skill more than trying disparately to save a bad PUG.
All those people who got on your ignore list for wiping runs repeatedly - whisper them and offer to tank a heroic that has no drops you need (because you know they'll ninja loot you anyway).
I have learned so much leveling around noobs that would use taunts on me, run with pets on growl, mage-tanks (mage that shields and runs into melee with arcane explosion -BEFORE- the pull), rogues that sap the mob I am meleeing, priests that bubble me, and so on...
Now, when I get an even half-bad PUG 3 levels higher than me, I can tank an instance at -their- level.
Well, now that I dinged 68, I guess that claim is cut to 2 levels higher than me... But I hope the idea is clear... if the PUG is to survive bad play, the people with good play have to be twice as good as normal.
So PUG with bad players can really teach you how to get on top of your game. When you then go bad to you circle of good players, they'll love you for it.
_________________
