Skip to content
Maintankadin

Only paladin in raid.

Sweeney
Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:23 am
I just ask the hunters what they want if I'm the only Blessing in the group. If they don't know, I go for Kings. (If they don't know how to feign, they get Salv.) It's not like it's make-or-break either way.

(Since 2.4 you'll definately see Kings requests, possibly even Wisdom -- mana regen for hunters was changed pretty significantly.)
_________________
Sweeney: 70 Paladin, Runetotem
Angelic
Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:05 am
Thanks to everyone who contributed to my question. To clarify I do have the kings talent but I have not been applying it to myself. I was thinking that blessing of sanctuary was a better buff to have on myself because of its damage reduction and threat generation. On boss encounters I definately see why kings would be great but is the damage reduction granted by sancuary more valuable over the course of a long encounter? Thanks again for the input!
Aerfalle
Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:09 pm
DPS gets salv

If hunters or rogues ask for a different blessing, they get it until the first time they pull aggro, and then they get salv again and can stfu. Hunters will probably prefer wisdom and rogues will probably prefer might.

Healers get wisdom, unless it's a tree druid that asks for kings.

Tanks get kings.

I only use sanc for soloing anymore.
Sweeney
Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:57 pm
Angelic: I find that I only want Sanc instead of Kings when I'm doing an AOE pull (like, 5 or more mobs). The 80 damage reduction is applied after armor, so it only really cuts off like 30-40 damage. It's very nice threat in mass AOE situations, though.

It's also nice for instances you outgear (although I often use Wisdom in that situation).
_________________
Sweeney: 70 Paladin, Runetotem
Maithanet
Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:53 am
Why would a Hunter never have Might when it's an AP buff for both melee and ranged?

Curious, that one.

_________________
Bobness
Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:14 pm
I give most DPS classes Salvation as the only Paly.

If they complain I give them what they want.

If they die the discussion ends & we go back to salvation.
That's worked out quite well for me.
_________________
Ciandin
Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:00 am
On my rogue, give me salv over might any day. The worst feeling in a raid is being threat capped from the onset of the fight by just auto attacking. Rogues do have a threat dump, two of them actually, but if you feint every cooldown (8 sec I believe) your wasting a crapload of energy for zero damage. Also, vanish has a 5 minute cooldown, making it not nearly as dependable as feign death.
_________________
WoW is a giant math problem, and you have the wrong answer.
keerawa
Thu May 01, 2008 10:16 pm
I use Kings on myself most of the time, Sanctuary when I'm AoE tanking.
Salvation for Mages, Warlocks, Enh or Elem Shaman, Rogues, Boomkin and Shadow Priests. If they are low on the threat meters, I might try them on Kings.
Might/Kings for hunters and feral DPS druids. They can try both and pick.
Wisdom for healers.

I'll sometimes throw a BoSacrifice on the 2nd highest aggro in fights where mobs like to gouge, stun, etc.

Fights with AE damage and funky threat, I'll switch everyone to Kings.
_________________