Skip to content
Maintankadin

when do you use avenging wrath ?

Aalryn
Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:24 am
Whenever it's up.
_________________
Official tankadin of <The Core> Tichondrius
Diocaska
Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:04 am
For boss fights. Usually when I have a full SOV stack on the mob.


Soon as it hits 5 stacks, and judgment is off cooldown, pop wings > Judge > Re-seal > Max concecrate.
_________________

ZA 6/6

Shir: ye 8 is the stop fucking resisting my taunts bastard button
Skio
Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:21 am
Mostly boss fights.

My best use of it is on the Archimonde fight, where I spec Retribution. I like to pop it, get Air Burst, Feared, and Burst again so I don't actually get a single swing off while it's up.
Erlata
Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:26 am
If you want to aoe things a bit quicker Pop your Wings

If you feel your low on threat Pop your Wings

If you want to show off and dont what to do, POP YOUR WINGS !!

Smile



But really it's nice when you OT get 5xSoV "Pop your Wings" and judge etc that is the most threat you will ever get out of it really.


Another very handy time to use it is if you have hit and judge one or two SoR Pop your Wings and switch to SoV the wings being up alows the same threat generation as SoR for when u build your stacks up.
_________________


http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bloodfeather&n=Erlata
Joanadark
Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:44 am
One of the great times to use wings is when there is a mispull or a pack of adds.
These situations are generally the most threat-sensitive, when ambient healing aggro is high and theres a ton of stuff running around with clear threat lists. Popping wings under these circumstances lets the single Consecration tick you might get on some giant green killing machine before it reaches a clothie desperatly spamming Seed be that much more reliable of buying everyone the time to get things under control.


As for boss fights, I greatly dislike opening with Wings-->Avengers Shield.
The thing I dont think is very good about this is that it squanders a big part of Avenging Wrath's duration.
Additionally, I often need to waste my first Judgement on a utility Judgement instead of a threat one, and thus the actual threat benefit of using wings as an opener to your front-load threat is actually far lower than if you used it at the beginning of your second cycle instead of your first.
_________________
"Misunderstanding the Tankadin is forgivable.

In many ways we are still learning to understand ourselves."

www.joanadark.tankspot.com
Eanin
Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:02 am
It depends.

My main use for it is when I'm going to judge something other than Blood/Righteousness to start. It gives me extra frontloaded damage in case the mages come out critting.
_________________
Klepsacovic
Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:22 pm
I use it under two conditions:
1) I won't need to bubble for at least 60 seconds.
2) I remember to use it.
_________________
I don't have a DPS meter so I use an aggro meter. I always win.
Echevarian
Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:27 pm
now that i have it hotkeyed... i actually DO use it...

I feel more comfortable using it while instancing because if I have to bubble, then chances are we are about to wipe anyway (barring a quick cleanse).
Faylinn
Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:41 am
I use it on runs where we are trying to push time, and I know I am the only tank.
I have had problems in the past with grabbing too much agro. AW + AS + missed taunt from an OT has lead to death a few times Smile

Then i try to use it on the bosses when ever I remember.
_________________

Bouncelot 60 Human Paladin - StormScale
aureon
Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:14 am
on AoEing/trash? during pull.
on boss ? whenever CD is up, after stock'd 5x sov.
_________________
Tankadin
Holy is too easy.
Prot PvE by ever.
Ret PvP by TBC.