Skip to content
Maintankadin

How to explain Tankadin to Nubs

Worldie
Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:04 am
Incorrect. THe gladiators do mortal strike. The Centurions do nothing but melle. The problem is that they melee for 3k+ damage. The gladiators themselves hit for less than 1k so fixable with BV, its the centurions what hurt.
_________________

Snake-Aes
Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:09 am
It's even easier if you have a good healer at leveling stages. blackrock depths. You know the way to that big ugly giant? I tanked 2 groups of dwarves at a time. ONly worries were "Kill this and then this then aoe at your content", just killed the healers first and it was all joy.
_________________

Tank in Training, group utility perception was so much easier as a dpser <whines>
Worldie
Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:32 am
While leveling my alt i just aoed everything, sometimes 2-3 packs at once if the healer was good. Tends to impress people.
_________________

Tuberon
Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:48 am
While leveling, showing someone and AoE grind tends to work.

At 70, just take them along with you to karabor, and say "Watch this."
_________________

Frickit
Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:30 pm
Its been my experience that the group for the most part either knows what a pally tank is all about or they dont.
If they dont, no amount of explaining is going to prevent the run from being frustrating and annoying.
If they do, the run will be smooth as silk. Good Luck.
_________________
Worldie
Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:21 pm
I just realized that the amount of DPS that a tankadin puts out in low levels is so high that you could get a 4 healer party and AoE 3-4 packs at once and prolly be faster than the average pug...
_________________

Terlingua
Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:10 am
I'm far from an expert, but I start with the healer - I ask him/her to let me know if they have to heal abyone but me on a typical pull. If they do, then I address that person specifically in /t by asking them to slow down , use aoe more or to wait. No problems usually when I do that, though there are a lot of people Horde-side who remember from when the first did the lower instances (where I am now) that X has to be sheeped, Y has to be trapped, etc - simply because there were no paly tanks around then.
_________________
Gerilith
Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:18 am
I start the very few pug-runs I do with "CC is for pussies and as soon as the only symbol I will use is down, you can begin with ae". Sometimes, depending on the instance, there is one sheeppull-symbol, but I will never teach someone how a tankadin works in an instance like this Wink
_________________

Cauze blizzard begins to let healing suck.