Skip to content
Maintankadin

Starting Karazhan Warrior Tank vs Prot Paladin

Lalecize
Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:59 pm
Interestingly enough i stumbled into kara for the first time last week.

Was me and a prot warrior tanking, both equally geared. He had 1k hp more than me fully buffed, I had ardent defender Very Happy

We started off initially sharing the tanking roles, but after the first boss it was well decided I would be main tank. The threat we have compared to a warrior on undead just rocks, not to mention the wipe saving factor of us being able to pickup and hold several mobs at once if need be.

I tanked all the bosses we did except for maiden. The warrior was designated this due to silence and we just couldnt get her down. What kept happening is everyone would die and id be left tanking her (id pickup after the warrior died during repentance).

We went back on tuesday for another shot.

The raid leader impressed with me so far said "Lets give the pally a shot at tanking see how we go".

Humms and Haah's we'ere heard from the others.

I went in there, mashed my holyshield and consecrate buttons (mainly focussed on holy shield) throught each silence.

Long story short we 1 shotted her, and no one could believe it. I have now earned my spot as maintank for the kara raids.

The other good thing is the warriors an awesome guy, and he lets me tank anything I want to. Im glad he doesn't have tank envy as that could lead to frustration.

Ultimately on the fights we tried with the warrior tanking he didnt last as long as me (ty ardent defender), and I had far more threat. Id put (from my little experience) a pallytank ahead of a warrior tank for the first half of kara (what ive seen).

Ill let you know what i think on the second
_________________
Me - http://amanthul-us.warcrafter.net/Laeda
fructi
Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:39 am
I tanked all of Kara with my warrior, cant wait to get my pala to 70 and strat tanking then. Should be a breeze Very Happy
_________________
Andox
Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:18 am
NB isnt hard at all. I use DS if the fear comes early and I dont have that muc hthreat. Otherwise I just run around screaming, it´s only 2 -3 secs, you will not die on a short fear like this. The only problem is if u run into a castergroup and NB is cleave happy.
_________________
Frickit
Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:08 am
When I do maiden I throw on mana regen and help cleanse. I can Blessing of sacrifice out of that thing she does? How?
I can never get enough cons out before being silenced and my dps would never wait that long. They would wipe 10 times before waiting that long for me to build threat.
_________________
DeadlyRabbit
Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:57 am
I have been the main tank for everything in our kara run for months, we have dps warriors that toss on tanking gear when we need a off tank. There are no issues with any bosses as far as prot palys are concerned. The silence that Maiden does has never been a problem for me, I just spam click holy shield and consecrate and still have time to help with cleanses of holy fire.
_________________
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tichondrius&n=Deadlyrabbit
Splug
Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:00 pm
I've seen warriors, paladins, and druids tank Karazhan successfully. I've done it myself on two of those classes. The driving force behind how effective they are is 70% competance (yes, that includes being spec'd correctly), 30% equipment. Honestly, each class is similar enough with a handful of unique advantages that overall, class is the least concerning issue.

-Splug
_________________
(Usually) Prot warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug
Spudge_Boy
Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:08 am
Well, as a guy with a Prot War and Prot Pally, I can tell you they are both equally able to tank Kara. I just pick which one needs what gear off of which boss, then move them in and out of the fights. They are both Exalted so rep doesn't matter.

Although right now, I am running my Pally exclusively as I need the 75 Badge chest.

Don't look at my gear now, both are wearing non-tanking gear.

P.S. Thanks for the info on the Sporeggar shield. AoE Farming FTW!!
_________________