Skip to content
Maintankadin

What to do when you're not tanking?

Eanin
Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:49 am
I heal. I've been working on my healset lately, and have gotten up to 1200 +heal and 102 mp5. Once I get about 500 gold for the goggles and enchants for my new purps, it will be 1365 (I think). Once I get Lower City Revered, I'll buy a couple of prayer books and get to 1430 or so.

At the end of the day, it's nice not to be useless. But honestly, that Nightfall idea just sounds sick. I'll have to talk to my GM.
_________________
Mazater
Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:56 am
I heal too, with my resto shaman(PvP mostly, I just love it with resto shaman, yeah I'm crazy).

And sell boost's to RFC for 2g/person with my mage (2g/2min yay).
And troll the forums whilst I'm drinking mana.
_________________
Theorycraft is the last thing that is gonna help you kill a boss. Yes i will get 20 dps more or tank will get 20 TPS more, but that doesn't kill bosses, playing smart and good while being ready to improvise is what does the job.
Korath
Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:57 am
What do i do when not tanking?

Cry.
_________________


.::. Karak 70 Restoration Shaman .::.
.::. Sajuuk 70 Affliction Warlock .::.
.::. Silfen 66 Beast Hunter .::.
Uthadanin
Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:42 pm
I wait patiently to be rezzed to continue tanking (actually i'm holy spec right now so I'm not even tanking). When i'm prot spec and they want someone else in there, i go work on leveling my priest.
_________________


Currently lvl 70, Prot Spec'd again ;p
Gowron
Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:39 am
Killing Bogs with my frostmage,
actually, if I am not tanking, my paladin is fishing, or on the stairs of BT Smile, and because I am the guild-administrator/enchanter I have always stuff to do Smile

( I also do heal some normal instances to help guildies)
Boudi
Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:23 am
when i am not tanking i am being usefull in a nother way. Enough examples given, enough left. It all comes down to what's needed most for each job, be it healing, cleansing, keeping up a judgement, staying 2nd on TPS-o-meters...try to know this in advance so you can prepare yourself for the job.
_________________

Tanked: KZ(nightbane left), Nalorakk
Shirak
Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:26 am
Depends on the encounter. I ask my Raid Leader, LOLPS or Healing gear?

Sometimes I'm off healing others I'm LOLPSing keeping up light and wisdom.
_________________
Aurica
Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:45 pm
I end up healing... my dps is a joke...

1. Heal till oom
2. judge light and run seal of wisdom
3. regain mana
4. go back to 1
_________________