Skip to content
Maintankadin

Not tanking: when should i say "i'm not healing"?

Warrender
Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:13 pm
You're a Paladin.

You're a tank that can cast heals without having to shift form first. Surely there's value there that can't be measured by any meters.

I'll do what needs to be done to kill bosses and move on to the next one, meters be damned.
_________________
Merise
Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:06 pm
I don't really understand why people say our healing is lackluster, is it a gear issue? I appreciate that out healing is not that of a holy specced paladin but baseline healing for a paladin is still pretty shiny. Especially if you stack lots of mp5 and +heal. I've collected most of the kara healing set and some extra t4 tokens for the holy set and I hold my own, at my current level of progression. Although it does require a complete gear switch. Healing is tanking gear is like duh. 3 hit wonder.
_________________
Worldie
Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:46 pm
I was not saying that i dislike healing or that it's wrong.

What i was wondering about is at which point healing makes more sense than dpsing.
_________________

Alienor
Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:16 am
I generally chose a tank and just spam FoL over and over. If the situation permits I'll keep a judgement up. At the moment with ~1600 heal as prot spec, FoL hits on a target with BoL for around 1500.
Worldie
Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:46 pm
Actually any Kara geared healer can heal a heroic if the party is well geared.

I've lived throught heroics being healed by a Feral Druid, a Prot Paladin (not me, i suck at healing Smile ) and a Elemental Shaman.

I'm missing the Shadow priest.
_________________