Skip to content
Maintankadin

BoS for Hunters?

Quean
Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:54 am
From my experience, any pug hunter is in fact a huntard.
Luckily, I have a few very smart hunters in my guild, so I don't have to worry about them, and they rarely, if ever, get salved.
For my mage, however, salv is usually number 1 on the list Smile
_________________
Robbo
Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:22 am
One time when I had just started playing, a hunter asked for BoS, and I gave him Blessing of Sanc.

Yay for being a complete and total n00b once!
_________________
Quean
Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:38 am
let's not get into the "complete and total noob" thing...nothing I've done on my pally...but oooohhhh how my mage did not get auto-renamed to "I'maTard" is beyond me....
_________________
Zhalseran
Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:31 pm
On a boss, hunters shouldn't have salv, IMO. Unless its a PuG. I usually salv PuG hunters, because they always seem to be really good at spiking their damage and not feigning ever.

In a raid situation though... Feigning is easy, and detracts from their overall DPS very little. On a long fight like Void Reaver, a couple resists doesn't mean that much, the cooldown is short enough that it will make little difference. Plus, unless I am mistaken, salv will decrease the amount of aggro misdirect gives your tanks.
_________________
Kombo
Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:14 pm
honestly, i thing the hunters wanted to be lazy Razz
_________________
Kombo - Dreanor - Respecaholic Priest

490 def at 64, next goal, uncrushable to a 73 before 70
Erendis
Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:39 pm
Kombo, I LOVE your avatar. I'm thinking the black cat is the MS warrior from Moroes? Wink
_________________

Dorvan
Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:00 pm
Indeed, a hunter should never pull aggro accidentally. Ever. I give my hunters BoSanc before Salv.
Snake-Aes
Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:54 am
Hunters have a really good aggro wipe, and a good amount of their damage is on their pets, meaning that they really shouldn't pull aggro at all(unless they have no reductors, which seems the case since FD is so "usable").It's best used on classes without full aggro wipes, like Berserkers and Retadins, I suppose.. Even Warlocks. My main is an affliction warlock and I can tell you: my threat skyrockets even with destructive reach AND improved drain soul. Anything that lives a full dot will likely have me on the "105%" threat value, above the tanks(and very good tanks, mind you, we take pride on all of us with the results we've brought so far), and relying solely on Soulshatter is not very good.
For warlocks, the blessings benefit are more or less like this
    Salvation
    Kings
    Wisdom
    the Rest

Kings gives us more hp/mana, and it's good solely for that. Wisdom won't help when we have life tap, specially if improved.
Meh I went a bit away from the hunter focus, but It's good to make it clear what locks generally want Neutral[/list]
_________________
Invisusira
Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:51 pm
Omen sees and reports to KTM, so if your guild is using KTM and you're using Omen everyone will be able to see each other no problem.

However, I personally have found Omen to be less accurate than KTM (I know many people swear by it tho). There are many many many times when someone has been far, FAR above me on Omen when in reality they are nowhere near pulling off me.
_________________
armory | youtube | stuff
Warrender
Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:45 am
I really wish Blizzard would come out with built-in threat meters already so we can stop playing these guessing games.
_________________