Skip to content
Maintankadin

Eternal Flame, Vengeance & Mastery

Thels
Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:50 am

Re: Eternal Flame, Vengeance & Mastery

Get the addon "Classic Theme Restorer". That, combined with Firefox' built in interface configuration allows you to change the layout exactly how you want it.
theckhd
Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:10 am

Re: Eternal Flame, Vengeance & Mastery

Adeya wrote:For what it is worth: I have watched the Weak Auras UI video. It mystifies me. I guess it would be great for research, for examining the inter-relationships of spells and buffs, etc. Actually using it while tanking a raid would, I think, be a very steep learning curve for someone who comes to it cold, without having used it in its previous incarnations. It occupies so much of the screen that I wonder how you can be apprised of what is happening around you in the course of the fight. My eyesight isn't as sharp as it once was, so the tiny buttons could be a problem. And scrolling text on a chat frame tab? Who has time to read the static messages, let alone the moving ones?


You may want to read the blog post on UI Construction, I explain most of the setup there. The WA config is a base to start from, because it contains everything. It's what I use, but every player will probably want to tweak it to do what they want. It's also directly below the character, so you can see around you just fine (especially if you're zoomed out a little and not staring up your own character's ass).

I don't even know what you mean by "scrolling text on a chat frame tab." I don't read the chat frame during combat, and my WeakAuras don't put anything there.

Also, what, exactly, does this have to do with the topic at hand?
Adeya
Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:31 pm

Re: Eternal Flame, Vengeance & Mastery

Thels wrote:Get the addon "Classic Theme Restorer". That, combined with Firefox' built in interface configuration allows you to change the layout exactly how you want it.


When I tried "Classic Theme Restorer" previously, I could not get it to work. It is not as simple as just installing the addon and using it ( https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... src=search ):

It is recommended to switch to a new clean profile (or at least delete 'localstore.rdf' from profile folder) to avoid UI issues after upgrading from Firefox 28 (and older) to Firefox 29 (and newer).
>> Profile Switcher <<
Note: Hitting "Restore Defaults" in customizing mode (Firefox 29+) is (almost) equal to deleting 'localstore.rdf' and much easier to perform.


Suffice it to say that the Mozilla fools have made the Profile Manager into a device for insuring that we cannot return to Firefox 28. When I attempted to do that, the Firefox upgrade intervened, effectively preventing me from doing so. Among other things, I discovered that Firefox 29 was not listed as an installed program on the Windows 7 Control Panel - Programs and Features, so there was no way to remove it via Windows. To make a very long story short, I had to find and delete every Firefox file in the file system, then restore the Firefox 28 installation from my weekly system backup.

Frankly, I don't trust anybody who does not respect the fact that my computer system is my personal property, not theirs to do with as they please.
Olen
Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:14 pm

Re: Eternal Flame, Vengeance & Mastery

I found this thread hilarious, thank you.
I think I have two copies of you in my raid at the moment.

Life is harder for some people.