I wasn't actually there that run, enjoying BBQ at my parents' place. :P You'll see me as Zoe on the 2 runs before, but my DP usage wasn't higher than the other paladin tank.
@Kai: You're really looking at this from a DPS point of view. DPS wants to have maximum uptime on their cooldowns, so not pressing them is a loss (unless saving them for required bursts like Siegecrafter belt duty, or knowing that there'll be a lull in the encounter coming up like Garrison realm teleports). DPS wants to get the highest maximum damage out there.
We tanks don't want to reduce the most incoming damage. We want to survive, and that's not exactly the same thing. If there is currently no chance of dying, then pressing a CD is a complete waste of the CD. The general damage we take in is negated completely by selfheals and smartheals. Reducing that general damage doesn't do anything at all. All pressing DP does is making it unavailable for the next 20ish seconds.
They're Garrosh logs, by the way. I don't know exactly where he used them, but I do know I use them every whirlwind, empowered or not. During those periods, they mitigate a lot of damage. If I were to macro DP to CS, there's a good chance they won't be up for a whirlwind, which means I first have to check if I have DP or not, which is already more work than pressing DP itself, and when I notice I don't have DP, I have to do one of the following:
- Use a stronger cooldown, which will then be gone and unavailable for several minutes!
- Not use anything, and hope I live through, or maybe burn some HoPo on WoG.
- Run away from the boss, which not only is a DPS loss, but if I'm the active tank, it will screw up position, and potentially kill others that ran in the same direction.
None of those 3 options are preferable over not having DP up when I have no use for it.
Thels
Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:17 pm
