Thels wrote:... I would recommend against converting JP to Honor to buy 476 items. Upgrading 463 items will go smoother.
I take the point about item levels/cost. But I don't think that's the right criterion. For me the focus is on getting to 480 ilevel as fast a possible. 471 gear doesn't help much with that. 476 gets you very close, so that the 489, 496 and 522 bits can get you over the bar.
With my most recent alts, I only did one or two 5 mans. I would jump to LFR as soon as possible. What you get out of that is very RNG, but the 476 honor gear is great for filling in the gaps.
I got all my alts to 480 before the last patch (but one?) so they could do ToT LFR (sadly almost none of them did!). Looking at their gear, the only 471 piece of gear I have is an upgraded weapon. But they are wearing a ton of 476 gear.
