Skip to content
Maintankadin

Single Target Threat, my major problem

Demiblade
Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:06 pm
Make sure you judge crusader.

And your enhancement shammy needs to L2P. They can be a total pain in the butt in terms of threat if he doesn't. Same goes with ret pallies.
_________________
Lore
Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:47 pm
Well from the sounds of things the shammy was going nuts on purpose just to push Kithys to "be a better tank." The problem is, an enhancement shaman going nuts really isn't a good measurement >.>
_________________
Me, LOL!
Invisusira
Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:08 pm
Enhancement (and Elemental!) shammies are aggro hogs. Same goes for Ret pallies and boomkins.

Now, that being said...

Bonus Damage: 0

You need to fix that. Spell damage is HOW paladins hold aggro, and if you don't have any? You can't expect to be tanking much. The best way to go about this is to pick up a "mage" weapon - that is, one that give you a bunch of +dmg on it. Get one and you're golden. Any amount will do at your level, once you hit 70 you'll want to start off with about 100.
_________________
armory | youtube | stuff
Lore
Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:15 pm
I don't really expect a level 56 to have much in the way of +spell damage, there really isn't much available Razz
_________________
Me, LOL!
Kvaern
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:38 pm
It will be interesting to see what kind of prot paladin itemization, if any, comes with the old world shakeup.
_________________
Modelface
Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:39 pm

Spell Damage on Cloak, Necklace, Rings

Having just gotten to outlands I can tell you that pretty much the only place to get bonus spell damage before then is from your cape, necklace, and rings.

There is a great cape quest reward from killing Vile Priestess Hex and her Minions in the Hinterlands.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=19121

You can get this necklace at level 31 and wear it into outlands:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=20966

This PVP ring gives stamina, mp5 and damage, and can be picked up in less potent versions at earlier levels:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=19519

And the Gem Studded Band is worth every penny:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=21753

I also always carry wizard oil on me for 30 minutes of spell damage that persists through death.

Using those things I rarely need to use blessing of salvation on another player.

Please excuse the lack of a signature graphic. Long time lurker, first time poster.

-Modelface
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Altar+of+Storms&n=Modelface
(waiting on 2.3 for a respec) Smile
Zhalseran
Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:45 pm
While it probably isn't helpful, my general philosophy is, if you've got salv and you still pull aggro, its your fault. There is only so much you can do, and the DPS just has to understand that, whether it be by holding back, or giving you sifficient time to get aggro, or using any aggro reduction abilities they may have.

Of course if its a PuG, just let them die for being stupid
_________________
Kithys
Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:45 pm
Well, I'm now level 66 and I can actually hold aggro, single target, over the enhancement shaman now. Last time we ran an instance was Underbog, me level 64, him 68, and I held aggro just fine, even when he wasn't holding back (not too much anyway). I sacrificed a little bit of stam and defense capability for spell damage, have been at 190+ since level 64, and with his Wrath of Air totem's extra 101 I do just fine.
_________________
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Zul%27jin&n=Kithys