Skip to content
Maintankadin

Oh Sh!t Buttons

Snake-Aes
Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:35 am
It executes each line in order regardless of the result. A trinket failure results in an error (as if you triggered it and it was on cd manually), and proceeding to do everything else anyway.
_________________
Promoted from Spankadin to Rayearth Magic Knight!
Levantine
Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:35 am
Same principal as when DPS macro their trinkets for maximum uptime. If the trinket's on cooldown it'll just ignore it and continue with the rest of the macro.
_________________
Levantine: 80 Frost [27k HP, 27k Armor, 544 Def]
Anzen: 30 Elemental [Resto in the making]
Isetnefret
Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:37 am
You could always test it out and answer that pretty quickly, but no.

You can make the macro do several things at once. One failing does not affect the others.
_________________
Koatanga
Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:58 pm
Your trinkets are in slots 13 and 14. So if I wanted to blow my trinkets every time before using Shield of Righteousness, I would make a macro as follows:

#showtooltip Shield of Righteousness
/use 13
/use 14
/cast Shield of Righteousness

If you only want to use one trinket slot as your "every time" and save the other for your "ohcrap", then just use one of them.

Adding an extra 400 block value just before a shield slam can be a bit fun Smile

However, I don't have a threat issue so I am still using Commendation of Kael'Thas for the extra 57 stam and automatic "ohcrap" button, and I can't justify swapping that our for a trinket that gives passive block rating that would put me well over block cap.
Loras
Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:12 am
Got my hands on Defender's Code last night. Then realized that it's on a separate cooldown with Valor Medal of the First Wall. Double on-use effect = 12% dodge for 20 seconds. Hello, mini-dodge-wall Razz
_________________
Arnock
Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:23 pm
I have Lavanthor's talisman bound to my wings to use during bloodlust burns for extra threat /dps

generally will


pop wings/trinket and switch to seal of righteousness or blood(depending on boss) and then judge->shield slam-> hammer and continue with my normal rotation, refreshing vengeance stack when it's about to die
_________________

Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Isetnefret
Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:10 pm
The two types of pure avoidance you can get are parry and dodge yes?

If you had an on-use trinket for each, in theory popping them both at once wouldn't give you as diminished a return as if they were both dodge?

Not that it matters a whole lot, because at that point, you're talking....what? 1-2%?
_________________
Isetnefret
Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:13 pm
I have Ancient Aqir Artifact, and have considered maybe working it into certain gear sets for certain situations, instead of Dabiri's. 45 parry rating is more avoidance than 30 defense rating, even with diminishing returns. The on-use 2000 armor is a fair amount of mitigation.

Until I get some better WotLK trinkets, I've got a bunch of options rotting away in the bank from old BC raids.[/url]
_________________
Isetnefret
Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:12 pm
Actually, to clarify....

I could not find any possible configuration of gear, in which the Aqir artifact did not DROP my total avoidance.

Def really is better.
_________________
Candiru
Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:49 am
The rune of repulsion + defender's code gets you lots of avoidance when you pop both, since one is parry and one dodge Smile