Skip to content
Maintankadin

Contemplating spec change due to seals and judgements....

Ashmadai
Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:31 pm
Besides the fact that there is no reasonable cause for not taking JotJ in a tank build, the two points that should be JotJ in your build are 1 point in stoicism, and one point in conviction. Seriously.....
_________________
Thornir
Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:24 pm
I quote myself:

Arcand
Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:35 am
Here's where the line is:



Your build sucks
You are doing it wrong and here's why
You are doing it wrong, read this sticky

OKAY

==============================================
THE LINE THE LINE THE LINE THE LINE THE LINE THE LINE THE LINE
==============================================
You suck
You're wrong
You're wrong, holy f everyone's stupid except me

NOT OKAY


You explained yourself in your post, that's cool and I thank you for that and for your ongoing educational efforts. And I completely agree with swift and harsh treatment of trolls.

But in this, the forum dedicated to teaching fundamentals, we are not going to rip on people for not knowing their fundamentals.
_________________
"Almost silent, but watchful and helpful."
Isetnefret
Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:05 am
Okay, so I'll keep JotJ. I have it now, and the warriors still thunderclap anyway. Better safe than sorry I guess.

How about this build:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sMZaxVAbuMteIRGoxs

Divine Guardian seems like it would be very useful for my situation, since I'm generally not as well geared as our other tanks, and get relegated to OT on bosses deeper into Nax.
_________________
fuzzygeek
Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:01 pm
Non-JotJ specs are the new 40/21.
_________________
Scottzirra
Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:20 am
It amazes me that you guys cannot understand that 20% more incoming damage is not a game breaker. On the rare occasions, when I am taking more damage due to absence of the debuff, it in no way stops us from killing the boss.

And I fail to see how having 30% crit raid buffed (including HotC), and pumping out massive threat is a bad thing. Not to mention on bosses like thaddius, making the enrage is a concern.
Majiben
Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:30 am
Your job as a tank it to survive. If you want to take down thadduis on heroic you get people with DBM and a good framerate/latency. Bring 1.5 tanks and 4-6 healers. Not having JotJ is another healer you need to bring and thus one less dps and also 20% less time you have in the enrage period to survive.

You are a worse tank for not having JotJ, who the hell cares what your dps is? Your job is to survive, your dps is supposed to dps and your healers are there to heal.
_________________