Skip to content
Maintankadin

Blessing Preferences for Raids.

Elthar
Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:06 am
Lol point taken, but...

if 1 is superior and I'm missing a point somewhere I wanna know what I'm missing so I can make the right choice. If I'm wrong I want to be proved wrong so I can make a reasoned choice.
Vanifae
Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:26 am
Normally when I have two paladins in the raid I do Kings and they usually did Wisdom.

I usually just give Wisdom to my healers to add to their longevity.
_________________
Visit my crappy blog... Nerf This...
Alixander
Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:15 am
Bolding my changes:

Druid (boomkins): Salvation > Wisdom > Kings > Light
Druid (trees): Wisdom > Kings > Salvation > Light
Druid (cats): Salvation > Might > Kings > Light
Druid (bears): Kings > Might > Light > Sanctuary
Hunter: Might > Kings > Wisdom > Salvation > Light
Mage: Salvation > Wisdom > Kings > Light
Paladin (holy): Kings > Wisdom > Light > Salvation
Paladin (prot): Kings > Wisdom > Sanctuary > Light > Might
Paladin (Lorelol): Salvation > Freedom > Protection > Sacrifice
Paladin (ret): Salvation > Wisdom > Might > Kings > Light
Priest (holy): Wisdom > Salvation > Kings > Light
Priest (shadow): Salvation > Wisdom > Kings > Light
Rogue: Salvation > Might > Kings > Light
Warlock: Salvation > Wisdom > Kings > Light
Shaman (resto): Wisdom > Kings > Salvation > Light
Shaman (ele): Salvation > Kings > Wisdom > Light
Shaman (enh): Salvation > Kings > Might > Light
Warrior (tank): Kings > Might > Light > Sanctuary
Warrior (dps): Salvation > Might > Kings > Light

Reason for the changes I've made:

Boomkins can and do excel at crit damage, especially with their aura. With strong spells, such as Starfire, a couple of strong crits can bring them dangerously close to having a flattened Druid, and with their only aggro dump requiring them to shift forms twice, I think Salv being their primary blessing comes out on top.

Ret Paladins: You forgot them. Yes, some might not bring them often, but they do exist and are brought on raids.

Warlocks: Having a source of mana regen other than Life Tap is much more important than having a little extra life. The mana regained from Life Tap isn't creating mana from nothing. It's merely turning Healer mana into Warlock mana through heals. That means that the healer(s) has less mana overall. Either that or Warlock DPS takes a hit as they stop casting Incinerate and Shadow Bolt to cast Life Drain instead.

Tanking Warriors: While Warrior DPS is minor it is still a source of more DPS which means more Rage. Unless the majority of your paladins are healing you will probably get more out of BoM than BoL (at least until/if they ever change BoL to give a flat bonus to healing).
_________________


My Blog: http://kazielmmo.blogspot.com/
Eggfoo
Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:44 am
Uhmmm if I'm a warrior tank and I actually get a choice what blessing I want, I'll take KINGS! As a Tauren with 1000+Sta unbuffed Kings = more than 1k hps which makes it better than PW:Fort not to mention the agility boost for armor + dodge and the minor strength buff.

Unfortunately my pallys insist on throwing BoL on me to help out their healing despite the fact that we only typically have 1 Pally per raid =o(.
Maranus
Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:50 am
I play my lock as my main (all I do on him is raid, so I actually play my pally more)... and I'll say I don't really fret over blessings as long as I have salv... but if I'm going to make a choice between BoW and BoK, It really comes down to which will give me more DPS (I'm part of the if you die as a clothy, any amount of HP isn't going to save you in most generic cases) So it comes down to the MP5 meaning you won't have to life tap as much, which means more dps time, less life tap time. Or BoK = more int = more crit...

I'll have to run the maths some time, but I'm inclined to go for the BoW.
_________________

You know you want it! Ooorah /dance
Joanadark
Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:05 pm
Druid (boomkins): Salvation > Wisdom > Kings > Might
Druid (trees): Wisdom > Kings > Salvation > Light
Druid (cats): Salvation > Kings > Might > Light
Druid (bears): Kings > Might > Light > Sanctuary
Hunter: Kings > Might > Wisdom > Salvation > Light
Mage: Salvation > Kings > Wisdom > Light
Paladin (holy): Kings > Wisdom > Light > Salvation
Paladin (prot): Kings > Sanctuary > Wisdom > Light > Might
Priest (holy): Wisdom > Salvation > Kings > Light
Priest (shadow): Salvation > Wisdom > Kings > Light
Rogue: Salvation > Might > Kings > Light
Warlock (Destruction): Salvation > Kings > Wisdom > Light
Warlock (Affliction): Salvation > Wisdom > Kings > Light

Shaman (resto): Wisdom > Kings > Salvation > Light
Shaman (ele): Salvation > Kings > Wisdom > Light
Shaman (enh): Salvation > Might > Wisdom > Kings > Light
Warrior (tank): Kings > Light > Might > Sanctuary
Warrior (dps): Salvation > Might > Kings > Light



Bolded my changes
_________________
Tanking setup:
http://ctprofiles.net/4325913
Caerdwynn
Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:25 pm
Yes, it was necessary. I make fun of prot paladins, boomkins, melee hunters, DPS warriors, and ret paladins all equally.

Chill. Very Happy
_________________


Jesus: "I can offer you eternal Salvation."
Disciples: "Can I get Might or Kings instead?"