Skip to content
Maintankadin

Tankadin Glossary for Wotlk

kenshin648
Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:31 am
Should Divine Intervention (DI) be added to the list?
_________________
I appologize in advance for any posts the human inside me makes.

Majiben
Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:22 pm
Add DI, a few other entries and updated a few entries.
_________________
Lythac
Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:18 am
Tank Burnout.

Parry Hasted Attack (some people think when you parry it increases boss's swing time).

Parry Gib.

Deflect (as in SHoR not landing).

Edit :

Majiben
Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:57 am
Lynthac will add those.

@Sab, I feel forced to include those terms because some people use them and people may want to know what they are talking about. For Instance I included SotR even though I hate that acronym simply because this is a term that some use. What I can do is state that SoM's and SoCorr's use are frowned upon.
_________________
Majiben
Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:23 pm
Updated.
_________________
xstrykr
Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:51 am
Saw you saying that you ought to add Diminishing Returns - wouldn't be a bad idea to add it in.

I see people (Knaughty) using "TL;DR". What's that mean? I get the general gist of it (as generally what follows is the short-short summary), but what's the actual acronym mean? Shocked
_________________

MT'd: [10]15/15 Naxx, [10]Arch, [10]Sarth+0, [25]Arch, [25]15/15 Naxx, [25]Sarth+0
Lythac
Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:12 am
969 - Linked to Frequently Argued Questions. AKA: Advanced tanking FAQ, second post (direct link to post)

HoR - Hand of Reckoning

PoJ - Pursuit of Justice

DTPS - Damage taken per second (WWS uses this)

HTPS - Healing taken per second (WWS uses this)

FCFS - First Come First Serve, ret dps rotation/lack of rotation. Not sure if it is worth including this.
_________________