Skip to content
Maintankadin

Need Advice on Tanking - Couple of Questions

Johnar
Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:29 am
I used to die a lot on Void Reaver.

Mostly this was because I would get crushed when I gained aggro and the healers werent ready for the switch either so the heals were late coming.

If you try to keep HS up the whole time youre gonna have mana problems.

Bring a lot of mana pots and Demonic Runes. I wear a lot of spell damage for this. I used to spam consecrate and drink a lot of pots. Now I have more spell damage so I dont consecrate unless I have a lot of mana or unless AW is up.

I use the Gavel of Unearthed Secrets and the spell damage shield from Nightbane and SoV for aggro.

I watch the threat meter closely and if I think I might get aggro I bring up rank 1 HS.

When I get aggro I use max rank HS and switch to the Suneater and the Crest of Shatar.

If you can manage to not use a mana pot then you can use a Stoneshield pot instead and this will reduce your damage.
neokai
Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:28 pm
This post is for the VR fight.

dern
Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:46 am
if its melee hit, I guess I'm glad I put that mongoose enchant on my blazefury after all, and maybe I could pick up that shield from Gruul.

Taunt, my understanding, is spell hit, the whole holy resistance thing confuses the hell out of me still. .. As does effect of weapon skill on various mobs and some other mechanics within the game.

I don't understand why this information is not provided freely by the game designers, where the hell is my Dungeon Master's Guide!! let's get Gary Gygax on this Wink