Skip to content
Maintankadin

Righteous Defense for Beginners?

Shathus
Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:21 pm
I believe what you do is:

Under the 'Cure' tab.
you have a list of spells that it knows are debuff removing. So like i select 'Cleanse' for 'Raid'. what this does is make a player turn color whenever they are poisoned/diseased/etc. Then I assign Cleanse to my button 4 and can use that in combat. THe 'smart heal' OoC will also cleanse with button 1... i think
_________________

Wyleai
Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:02 pm
I do that, and the player changes color, but if they are at all injured, even maxhealth-1, clicking heals them instead of decurses...

Speaking of the need to watch your debuffable situations... I was tanking Maraudan on my Draenei today, with 2 other paladins and 2 shaman. I got petrified on the first pull... I sat there, still for 30 seconds, while decursive had this big red box for my toon and the rest of the PUG proceeded to get beat on...

After the pull I typed into chat "You'd think with 3 pallys in this PUG somebody would be able to find their cleanse button."

Got a -lot- of use out of righteous defender in that one too. The shamans kept pulling, and the retadin kept taunting mobs away from me (should have known better, when the healadin invited the retadin into the PUG he asked him what his spec was and the guy responded with 'mining and blacksmithing'...).

A little lesson, if you're not tanking at the moment, move your RD button away from the central area of you clicks and keypresses, and if your tanking, move your bubble away... (third or so time I ever tanked I had my bubble just left of my judgment button. Oops).
_________________

Shathus
Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:50 am
What mouse button do you have cleanse binded to? The only other time I have issuses of healing instead of cleansing (FoL is binded to my left mouse button) is if the player is out of range of my clenase, but in range of my heal... but that's usually only out of combat.

To your other comment, I feel your pain. If I can dispell something, I always do it myself (at least in a pug) just cause I don't have the confidence someone else will do it quick enough (especially since I can do it fast). And hate when I get silenced or hexed or something that someone else can cure and just sits there. Especially if, like in your case, it causes THEM to get beat on instead of me.
_________________

Epimer
Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:51 am
Regarding Healbot and using it for Cleanse etc...Not wishing to shove my add-on choices down others' throats, but I had some configuration issues with Healbot (I'm sure it was my fault and not the add-on's), and found I could replace everything I was using it for with Clique + a unit frame add-on which highlights cleansable debuffs/aggro.

For example, I use Pitbull, and it's configured to highlight a party member's frame with blue when they have a debuff I can cleanse off. Clique is set to Ctrl+LeftClick to Cleanse on that frame. Similarly (and slightly more on-topic!), their health bar turns red if they have aggro, so I can middle-click (through Clique) on that frame to RD them.

I have other modifier+mouse button things set up for BoP and heals etc.

Thought that might be of some use to folk who aren't completely happy with Healbot for decursing stuff.