Skip to content
Maintankadin

When should I expect trial pugs?

Keion
Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:22 am

When should I expect trial pugs?

What do you think, when should I expect to be able to join a pug for 10-man northrend beasts?
Mert
Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:07 am

Re: When should I expect trial pugs?

That depends if you mean a PuG that can do it or a PuG that will throw itself at it and have the leader hearth back to Dalaran after every wipe to recruit replacements for the people that drop group when it doesn't go perfectly first time.

I'd say two weeks for competent PuGs that will one-shot it but yesterday afternoon for people willing to give it the old college try.

Based entirely on the quality of players on my server though so ymmv.
Alanyor
Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:30 am

Re: When should I expect trial pugs?

I have a more or less random raid with my alt that killed Yogg 25 as only "PuG" Raid on my server.
Will do northrend beasts this afternoon, won't last too long ... :)
Claydon
Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:13 am

Re: When should I expect trial pugs?

Northrends Beasts is pretty simple, in no way does it require the coordination of Yogg. I would guess pugs have already done it.
Markoh
Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:26 am

Re: When should I expect trial pugs?

Stupidly easy, just don't get hit by the charge in p3 and collect your loots.
Majiben
Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:37 am

Re: When should I expect trial pugs?

On tuesday people were looking to Pug the 10 man.
Splug
Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:29 pm

Re: When should I expect trial pugs?

I'll be flat out amazed if the first boss isn't pugged down on 25 by the end of the week.

-Splug
djlar
Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:02 pm

Re: When should I expect trial pugs?

My guild did 10 man and prohibited to pug it.. I don't know why, they are saved already, and it's one boss per week.. I don't get it..

I don't know but they also decided only one 10 man group...why can't we make 2?

So the rest that benched don't know crap about the fight, since they also aren't running 25..
Belloc
Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: When should I expect trial pugs?

djlar wrote:My guild did 10 man and prohibited to pug it.. I don't know why, they are saved already, and it's one boss per week.. I don't get it..

I don't know but they also decided only one 10 man group...why can't we make 2?

So the rest that benched don't know crap about the fight, since they also aren't running 25..
uh... tell the people prohibiting you to go fuck themselves and run the damned instance anyway.
Robbert
Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:28 pm

Re: When should I expect trial pugs?

Belloc wrote:uh... tell the people prohibiting you to go fuck themselves and run the damned instance anyway.


/agree

It's one thing for the guild to ask members to avoid getting saved to an instance you're working on prior to any scheduled runs, but to forbid members from pugging a raid that the guild has already 'cleared' that week is totally unreasonable. Were I in your shoes, I'd gather up all the folks who were benched, pug out any remaining spots, and check it out.
Alanyor
Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:36 am

Re: When should I expect trial pugs?

Splug wrote:I'll be flat out amazed if the first boss isn't pugged down on 25 by the end of the week.

-Splug



Done. :)
Took 2 hours because of some hawt newbs, but overall very simple.
Tullock
Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:04 am

Re: When should I expect trial pugs?

To give you an idea of the difficulty ( or lack thereof) in 10 man, my guild did it tonight. We are a small guild of friends, mostly naxx25/uld 10 geared, with me being the exception at about half 226 half 219 gear. The second tank was an alt of a rogue, who we have been gearing through heroics through the week. The three healers were a priest alt ( now main, as of this week) of a hunter, in mostly naxx10/naxx 25 gear, an elemental shaman in his resto offspec, again mostly naxx10/25 gear, and a holy paladin who got keylogged recently and was healing in a mix of furious ( pvp) holy and ret gear. We only had 4 dps, warrior/hunter/lock/mage. So yeah, 9 mannable with good teamwork and reasonable gear levels.

Edit : we got it done on our third try.
Keion
Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:29 pm

Re: When should I expect trial pugs?

Tried to PuG it today with 2 healers (both shamans) and 6 dps. First phase was easy, worms phase was harder as we did not have debuff clearing strategy. Also many players did not have bossmods that fully support it. Should people stay for more time willing to wipe instead of whining about repair costs I guess we would down them.

Initial subjective opinion: not harder than Ignis.

BTW, is the next boss already in game?
Vrimmel
Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:18 pm

Re: When should I expect trial pugs?

I pugged it the day after it came out on 25man. 2-shot it and I got the shield :D
sublimated
Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:00 am

Re: When should I expect trial pugs?

I woke up on Sunday morning with a massive hangover and had a few hours to kill until our weekend raid.
Pugged this with 2 friends and 7 randoms off trade and 2-shot it. Nobody wanted any gear and both pieces got De'd.