Mirumoto Taikishi wrote:We tried this on 10-man last night. Our set up:
Resto Druid, Disc Priest, Holy Priest, Blood DK, Frost DW DK, Frost Mage, Fire Mage, Elemental Shaman, Rogue, and me Prot spec. For the record, we currently have no warlocks or warriors in the guild, which is a shame because I really thing Intimidating Shout and Howl of Terror would help a lot on this fight.
Opposing team: Resto Shaman, Disc Priest, Ret Pally, Rogue, Warlock, Boomkin
We struggled at first for a number of reasons - people wanting to AoE near CC'd mobs, slow CCs, but mainly the fact that we tried to CC the shaman and burn through the priest first. After about 4 attempts we switched to CCing the priest and blowing through the Shaman first - if only to get rid of Earth Shield and his totems. We also had a problem where people were convinced that, because the mobs were PvP flagged for diminishing returns, they needed resilience gear for the fight. Even after I said, repeatedly, not to bring anything but your Medallion of the Alliance - in case we decide we need it. We also had a lot of complaints about a "pvp encounter in pve" which I pretty much shrugged off.
For my role, I just stood away from everyone else, cleansed when I could, used Hand of Protection/Divine Shield/Divine Sac every time it was off CD, tossed Avenger's Shield when it was off CD, and kept constantly taunting the Ents, Paladin and Rogue.
My guild might feel otherwise, but the fight's really not that hard.
I really like your attitude towards this fight. You have it right: it's certainly not a PvP fight, and it's certainly not hard. If you approach this fight with every tool in your arsenal or, at the very least, the simple belief that you can manage it, you'll be fine.
People sitting around crying for nerfs really piss me off. People actually trying to figure out how to handle the fight... they are the ones that deserve their kills. Grats to you!