Skip to content
Maintankadin

Lord Jaraxxus

Huon
Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:26 pm

Re: Lord Jaraxxus

Correct me if im wrong, but when I was tanking the infernals, after a "blink" into a caster group, they started to cast something and I interupted it. I think it was the AoE that they do after the blink. perhaps important for hard mode.

anyone else tried it?
Playdoh
Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:09 pm

Re: Lord Jaraxxus

I don't know about interupting anything that the sisters did, but we did interupt every single one of the fel fireballs.

I tanked Lord Jaraxxus, on the 1st attempt I was cleansing myself but we saw that the fel fireball was interruptable, so the 2nd time we interrupted it.

Healers have to be on the ball on this one for the magma debuff, enough healing done to that one person and the fight becomes easy. If that person doesn't get healed the fight can becomes much more difficult.

Druid tank on adds. Not sure what all was done there really, this boss seemed WAY too easy.
Corman
Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Lord Jaraxxus

...

I wish my guild were a bit quicker on the uptake....

"Ok, chain fire lightning, spread out."
Healer: "I got one-shotted"
"Were you spread out?"
"Yes"
"Then spreading out isnt hte answer... "
"It must be."
...

I tanked him down to 25 percent before we lost too many people (25) to finish him, twice :/

Only then a hunter replaced he could tranq shot the buff.... then the mages started stealing it too...
Then they figured out they could interrupt the fireballs :P

Grrr.

But still we 4 or so shotted it? ah well.
Thanistor
Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:18 pm

Re: Lord Jaraxxus

Corman wrote:...

I wish my guild were a bit quicker on the uptake....

"
But still we 4 or so shotted it? ah well.



Lucky you...My guild would rather be spoon fed someone else's tactics and do it on Thursday than step in last night. yay Ulduar!
Fridmarr
Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:00 am

Re: Lord Jaraxxus

If nothing else, I enjoyed the mechanics of the fight. There's actually quite a bit going on there.
Kaeloryn
Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:18 am

Re: Lord Jaraxxus

Huon wrote:Correct me if im wrong, but when I was tanking the infernals, after a "blink" into a caster group, they started to cast something and I interupted it. I think it was the AoE that they do after the blink. perhaps important for hard mode.

anyone else tried it?


It's been a couple days now since I did it, but yeah, they liked to AoE after they "blinked". They AoE'd at other times as well. It was the only cast I saw them do. If I remember correctly you could stun the infernals, but silence and interrupt effects (Arcane Torrent, Avenger's Shield) didn't work. Handy when it landed on someone slow to react.
hoho
Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:39 am

Re: Lord Jaraxxus

Unfortunately I didn't record a log but I happened to get oneshot by the Spinning Pain Spike thingy the mistress does. ~21k hit with 7k overkill, a critical hit on my poor cloth. Is it supposed to be avoidable or you just have to hope your clothies don't get critted by it?
JRichland
Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:57 pm

Re: Lord Jaraxxus

Dobbelsteen wrote:This is a VERY boring fight to tank, even the adds. (just put a druid to spam maul semi afk the whole fight on jaraxxus and zomg, 1 to 3 adds to pick up every minute or so, and /snooze a bit for the rest)


We three-shot it last night in 10man. However, my warrior tank (who was on Jaraxxus for interrupts) went down briefly into the fight and I picked up Jaraxxus and the adds. The way that the adds run away on you when you're tanking the boss, interrupting him and cleansing yourself make it pretty interesting and fun.

Maybe I'll just have the warrior go dps and solo tank it every time.
Kelaan
Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:02 pm

Re: Lord Jaraxxus

How often, in ten man, does he need to be interrupted? In 25's, it seemed to be about every five seconds, so I am curious how you'd solo-interrupt it.
JRichland
Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: Lord Jaraxxus

I didn't solo-interrupt, I solo tanked and helped interrupt. We had an enhance shaman interrupting as well, I believe they have an interrupt every six seconds. Also, considering I had to cleanse myself quite a bit I think we did not hit every interrupt we were supposed to.
Fridmarr
Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: Lord Jaraxxus

I split out all the conversation about the difficulty of this fight, and whether not it's too easy. You can continue that discussion, here: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=25363

Please keep this thread on the topic Lord Jaraxxus, his abilities and tactics.
Threatco
Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:17 pm

Re: Lord Jaraxxus

At first his fel fireball felt like a fusion punch, and I was glad I was tanking so I could self cleanse the DoT.

But then they found out it's interuptable.

We 2 shot it. Only mess was when infernals blink into melee and aoe. But I told everyone to interupt/stun them if they did and that was no longer an issue.

A few people didn't know to look for the debuff that puts fire under their feet, they died.

The mistress focus/jump never killed anyone.

Chain lightning hit like a weak kitten with no buffs up on boss.
Pala
Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:47 pm

Re: Lord Jaraxxus

I tanked the adds on our second go at it and I have to say Holy Wrath works great for getting aggro and stopping the Infernals. The fight was interesting but I imagine the healers have a lot more to do in it.