Skip to content
Maintankadin

[10/25] Hodir - Freeing Yourself From Ice Block

Mert
Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:58 pm

[10/25] Hodir - Freeing Yourself From Ice Block

Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere but I did a search on the forums and on the internet and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. I know that Paladins can bubble out of a Flash Freeze iceblock should they get caught but I wondered if anyone has a comprehensive list of what various classes can do to get out of one? I hear Mages can iceblock out of an iceblock (heh), that Priests can bubble out but that Every Man For Himself and PvP trinkets do not work... however as I only have my Paladin main, I've not been able to confirm any of this.

Does anyone know where I can find such a list? Thanks in advance :)

EDIT: Oh yes and before you all say it, I know the easiest way to get out of it is to not get caught in the first place :P
Worldie
Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:32 pm

Re: [10/25] Hodir - Freeing Yourself From Ice Block

Priests can't bubble out of anything.

Only paladins and mages can get out of iceblocks (mages iceblocks out of iceblocks kk)
baleogthefierce
Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: [10/25] Hodir - Freeing Yourself From Ice Block

Mert wrote:EDIT: Oh yes and before you all say it, I know the easiest way to get out of it is to not get caught in the first place :P


Flash Freeze : convenient tunnel vision detector.
Mert
Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:50 pm

Re: [10/25] Hodir - Freeing Yourself From Ice Block

Worldie wrote:Only paladins and mages can get out of iceblocks (mages iceblocks out of iceblocks kk)


Ah thanks :)

baleogthefierce wrote:Flash Freeze : convenient tunnel vision detector.


Heh, very true. Had a number of folk getting caught in it the other night - around one every other Freeze on average but we had four on the same one at one point! I'm leading the raid tonight and we plan to burn through to Hodir and get some more attempts in - just wanted to know who (if anyone) I could safely ignore the first time they tell me they've been frozen ;)
fafhrd
Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:29 pm

Re: [10/25] Hodir - Freeing Yourself From Ice Block

Do you have someone calling them out over vent? It's usually hard to tunnel vision through someone shouting "flash freeze, get ready... ok move in now".
Mert
Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:25 pm

Re: [10/25] Hodir - Freeing Yourself From Ice Block

Yes and from where I stand it's hard to see what's causing it - my suspicion is some folk not having projected textures on and some others running in a little earlier and so getting bounced back.
Seloei
Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: [10/25] Hodir - Freeing Yourself From Ice Block

the flash freeze areas are visible even without projected textures on.

Instead of trying to find ways to 'fix' stupidity, make them focus on getting the runes as nb1 priority dps as secondary. Stand near the edge until it turns to a snowdrift, then get on
Spectrum
Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:26 pm

Re: [10/25] Hodir - Freeing Yourself From Ice Block

Yup, avoiding flash freeze will up your DPS way more than a little tunnel vision. Make sure people are thinking of the fight as survival first, DPS second. Once you're alive and hitting the enrage timer (if you do), then you can start telling people to look at getting the right DPS buffs or drop a healer for another DPS.
Mert
Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:36 am

Re: [10/25] Hodir - Freeing Yourself From Ice Block

Downed him last night in the end after a few attempts. Still had some issues with the iceblocks though thankfully far fewer than last time. We hit the hard enrage at 22% on one attempt which was horrendous and I'm not really sure (other than being frozen) what the DPS is doing wrong exactly. As far as I could tell we had everyone picking up the right buffs and so on and I think we were freeing the adds quickly and in a good order. We tried both kiting him around so the melee could get in the spotlights and keeping him relatively still over by the Rare Cache (the latter was the method we used to down him) but I'm beginning to suspect that some of our DPS simply aren't performing to their best on that fight.

Anyway, thanks again for all your comments - as I say it was less of a way to fix things and more to have a knowledge of what to tell people to do in those "oh shit" situations. Much appreciated.
Candiru
Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:30 am

Re: [10/25] Hodir - Freeing Yourself From Ice Block

PvP trinket works for sure, not sure about the human racial, but I would assume it worked too.

I always use the PvP trinket when tanking in FR gear, as the def trinket has never dropped for me :(