Skip to content
Maintankadin

[25] Algalon

Joanadark
Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:48 am

[25] Algalon

posting our log to look at later.
discussion also.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/CPvI ... 087&e=4414

Did our first 1 hour on him on 25-man today and it's extremely intense for everyone, DPS, Tanks, and healing. We're going to be actually dropping healing for next week because all the damage on the raid and tanks is 100% predictable. Its brutallus in very many ways.
We got him to 37% at the third Bing Bang, where youre supposed to have him at 20%. So we were behind the enrage. Gonna do some looking at the logs.
itankforcash
Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:19 am

Re: [25] Algalon

Do you have a dedicated constellation dispeller, or do you use the tank not currently tanking taunting them into black holes?

From experience Paladin and DK have no trouble dispelling constellations due to easy ranged threat, where as Druids and Warriors do, sometimes the time on taunt isn't long enough to get them inside.

Also a few questions on raid damage;

Black hole explosion is how much damage per person?

How much do constellations hit for?

Is a guardian spirit rotation the best way to deal with big bangs on 25 man?

How many dps on killing stars? is 3 enough? or more/less?

2 or 3 Tank healers?

Mass questions but I would appreciate answers please!

Want to be as prepared as possible for this, time is precious!
Splug
Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:30 pm

Re: [25] Algalon

Black hole detonation is roughly 19k? shadow. Arcane barrage is 9k arcane. Combined, they will blow up a random raid member. This is the big sticking point we're trying to decide on.

Two hunters is enough to kill all the stars well before a big bang. Trying to use more than about four will result in bottlenecking on the raid healing.

I can live through big bang with IBF, but it pretty consistently drops me to <1k health. Since Algalon just stands there without fighting back, I can death strike my way back up a bit while healers load back in, but it's still pretty ugly for a few seconds.

-Splug
Falibard
Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:50 pm

Re: [25] Algalon

Splug wrote:Black hole detonation is roughly 19k? shadow. Arcane barrage is 9k arcane. Combined, they will blow up a random raid member. This is the big sticking point we're trying to decide on.

Two hunters is enough to kill all the stars well before a big bang. Trying to use more than about four will result in bottlenecking on the raid healing.

I can live through big bang with IBF, but it pretty consistently drops me to <1k health. Since Algalon just stands there without fighting back, I can death strike my way back up a bit while healers load back in, but it's still pretty ugly for a few seconds.

-Splug


Are you going high stam for Big Bangs or high avoidance for melee hits?
Splug
Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:11 pm

Re: [25] Algalon

High strength for Frost Strike crits.

-Splug
Falibard
Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:52 pm

Re: [25] Algalon

Splug wrote:High strength for Frost Strike crits.

-Splug


Hrm interesting. Why did you choose Frost over Blood? I've only done two hours of Algalon 10 so far but it seems like the Death Strike heals are quite helpful.
Splug
Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:34 pm

Re: [25] Algalon

(I meant I'm not tanking on 25 - I'm on constellation roundup, and the ranged damage from howling blast is nice there.)

-Splug
itankforcash
Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:53 am

Re: [25] Algalon

Splug wrote:(I meant I'm not tanking on 25 - I'm on constellation roundup, and the ranged damage from howling blast is nice there.)

-Splug


You spend the whole fight cleaning up the constellations?

Think I will do that with a warr/DK tanking Algalon this week if that's the case.
Splug
Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:29 pm

Re: [25] Algalon

There's some bad "my damage gear is an instance out of date" dps that goes on at the beginning, but more or less yeah, I play with the constellations.

-Splug
Joanadark
Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:16 am

Re: [25] Algalon

How are you possibly meeting the DPS check if an entire DPS slot is wasted on constallations when you aren't going to do enough damage to kill them, tanks can taunt them anyway, and at any rate if you completely ignore them its still almost completely predictable that your raid healers are going to be the ones with aggro on them.
fafhrd
Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:05 am

Re: [25] Algalon

*shudders at your poor hunter being made to kill stars*
Joanadark
Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:40 am

Re: [25] Algalon

He disengaged into a black hole one week. I dont think he's ever gonna live it down.

The past few weeks we've been absolutely plagued by bad luck. Last week we did our first pull of our one hour timer for the week and the server promptly crashed, coming back up over an hour later with algalon long gone. GMs refused to do anything for us.
The week before we were plagued by horrible lag. This week we were supposed to do algalon yesturday except the instance servers for Windrunner went down for the entire day when we were supposed to start our raid. I honestly think we'd have killed him over a week ago if we'd been just allowed to pull the damn boss. Meanwhile all the guilds that coudn't beat mimiron until he was nerfed are all catching up.

our mage Gamas made a joke calendar event over a month ago for July 22nd labled "Algalon dies", cause "Ha Ha Ha, theres no way that would ever happen. Theres no way it would take us that long." And now that date is rapidly approaching... :(
Aubade
Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:51 am

Re: [25] Algalon

Joanadark wrote:He disengaged into a black hole one week. I dont think he's ever gonna live it down.

The past few weeks we've been absolutely plagued by bad luck. Last week we did our first pull of our one hour timer for the week and the server promptly crashed, coming back up over an hour later with algalon long gone. GMs refused to do anything for us.
The week before we were plagued by horrible lag. This week we were supposed to do algalon yesturday except the instance servers for Windrunner went down for the entire day when we were supposed to start our raid. I honestly think we'd have killed him over a week ago if we'd been just allowed to pull the damn boss. Meanwhile all the guilds that coudn't beat mimiron until he was nerfed are all catching up.

our mage Gamas made a joke calendar event over a month ago for July 22nd labled "Algalon dies", cause "Ha Ha Ha, theres no way that would ever happen. Theres no way it would take us that long." And now that date is rapidly approaching... :(



Owch dude, that blows.

Should've taken me IMO, bosses die when I show up =]

GL!
PsiVen
Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:10 am

Re: [25] Algalon

Yeah, I'm curious what the advantage is to a dedicated constellation wrangler. There is always a 2nd tank standing around doing piddly DPS who could be doing it.