Skip to content
Maintankadin

General Vezax: Mana issues

Praetorae
Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:20 pm

Re: General Vezax: Mana issues

Umm,

I was under the impression that the boss no longer casts the flame thingy when the Animus is up?

Granted I've only done the 10-man hard mode, but pretty sure when the general goes invulnerable he stops his flame casts and the only things you have to worry about are the shadow crashes and the enrage.

I know I tanked both General and the Animus (single tank FTW) on our last hard-mode kill and it was pretty easy. I kited every time as well and just used CD's after a kite to help save healer mana and make re-positioning easier.


Plz correct me if I'm wrong about the flame thing though, if I am we were amazingly lucky :)


P.S. One thing I will mention is that deadly boss modes screws up telling you when the general is casting shadow crash unless someone is actively targeting him. We solved this by having 1 healer target him and heal using raid frames since I was facerolling threat on the Animus at the time.
Jasari
Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: General Vezax: Mana issues

In 25man hardmode he continues to cast searing flames the entire fight.
fafhrd
Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:02 pm

Re: General Vezax: Mana issues

Praetorae wrote:P.S. One thing I will mention is that deadly boss modes screws up telling you when the general is casting shadow crash unless someone is actively targeting him. We solved this by having 1 healer target him and heal using raid frames since I was facerolling threat on the Animus at the time.


Someone /focussing general also works for DBM.
Sabindeus
Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:15 pm

Re: General Vezax: Mana issues

Joanadark wrote:I've read several posters talk about how you should kite because youre going to have to kite for hard mode.

You DO NOT KITE IN HARD MODE.

You are not going to have the remotest chance in hell of killing the animus if you are dragging the boss all over the place. Not to mention both the animus and the boss have to remain stationary and basically inside each other's hitboxes at all times in order for your interruptors to be able to focus-kick General while DPSing the Animus.


Well you kite until the Animus spawns, at least.


this is probably irrelevant to the conversation <_<
Treck
Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:51 pm

Re: General Vezax: Mana issues

That would still be unwise to kite pre animus spawn, if anything then after but id still recoment not to.
Having the boss stand still is the biggest dps boost you can get. Shadowcrashes are reliable, nothing random im the fight, and everything is easy to do with no hectic suprises really.
I know you might wanna bring in "kiting = less dmg taken", this is true that youll take less dmg when he surges, however the dps loss youll get from kiting him will make you have to tank him for longer, in fact making your healers having to heal more before the fight is over. "High dps is the best Mp5 you can get".
Our HM kill this week was pretty fun :P
I did kite him when the boss reached 10%, 2 healers oom one dead, one dying so that he could get Spirit of redemption to heal for a bit, second one had mana for one guardian spirit after to procc and give me 50% hp, having my LoH on 20ish CD when it went out, praying not to get hit, In the end i had 42hp and was spamming LoH, i get it off a sec before a hit and starts kiting, boss at 5% at this time. Wasnt much kiting more of a "run the hell away from him" while he was casting the aoe nova, managed to get far enough but right before hes gonna hit me he starts with surge of darkness, rendering him slower than me with dots ticking the last % xD
Sloppy kill but i wont forget that ending in a while :P