Ugh. I really hate this boss. We managed to down him for the first time last raid week after almost a full night of attempts (Right before second set of trash respawns). Only had 23 in the raid by the time we killed him. Only 5 healers (True to my bad raid leading style, I did not even know we only had 5 healers, though we still had 6 after 1 left, probably woulda saved us a few wipes fixing that).
This week we speed cleared to him (Nothing up but General for second raid night) and WAM. He smacked us around enough that trash respawned. Almost the same exact group (actually 2 MORE people than before including an extra interrupt and an extra healer).
First wipe, heartbreaking 12% wipe as the tank gets gibbed. Apparently Pain Supression does not cover the whole duration of his surge, but still no excuse. Tank went 2.6 seconds with only renew, lifebloom, and one swiftmend before he was killed (with 6 healers). Now that I know Pain Supression does not last the full time (Thanks Majorwoo/Jasari, did not even know that), I will let the healers know this as well.
The rest of the wipes, someone just fell asleep or decided to fail. Interrupts fail due to a Shadow Crash on melee because a caster or two runs in to get mana back, a healer falls asleep in the Saronite pool, some idiot boomkin pops starfall and kills two saronite clouds early (totally not me, I swear....), hit enrage timer (we all wow'd at this one, hai hard enrage), etc.
On our kill (finally), we started overlapping cooldowns just to make sure the tank did not die (Tank is a warrior w/ 2min shield wall, can use every other, and can last stand on the ones he does not shield wall) and had 3, yes 3, assigned interrupters per team for a total of 6. Our ranged DPS still have to stand in two groups just to avoid mark of the faceless dmg/healing so the kill went very very very slow but smooth I guess. The dps output is nowhere near what it could be.
Do you have a link to the addon that actually worked James31? I couldn't get it enabled from curse for our 10m at least. Hopefully, it works properly on 10m and we can start stacking all the ranged in one spot.
Also, the 6 and 6 strategy you mentioned, will be trying that one first go next week. I assume the video is posted at Fusion's site? (At work, can not check).
Thanks again for all the tips

.