Belloc wrote:After the first miniboss dies, you have some choices to make.
Here's what I do:
Pull the first two mobs with exorcism and do not allow anyone to enter the hallway (basically, don't cross the door threshold). If they do, they will pull the 2 mobs on the stairs. You want to kill the first two mobs and then pull the 2 stair mobs. Sheep the guard on the stairs and burn down the acolyte. When i say burn down, I mean... pull it, get initial threat, stun it, and run up to pull the next miniboss. If you this fast enough, you won't spawn any additional adds. If you manage to spawn a guard, then just tank it and shield wall until it's dead.
Once the second miniboss is dead, kill the sheep and start phase 2.
Adding another tank will do nothing for you, to be honest. You're wiping because people are screwing up. You can either gimp yourself with another tank or you can fix the problem with DPS getting themselves killed.
I'll repeat: No one should cross the door threshold after the first miniboss. This includes hunter and warlock pets. If you pull all 4 mobs, you're bound to have someone die or waste a ton of time from adds healing.
We're struggling with both surviving in the arena as well as clearing the gauntlet quickly. I'm in the gauntlet so far, and the leader is insisting on sheeping both acolytes, getting aggro on the guards and running straight up to the 2nd miniboss.
The problem we're running into is that we have potentially 5 mobs in the fight at once, 2 acolytes, 2 guards and the miniboss. Invariably the acolytes get a heal or 2 off and it just makes the fight go longer than I think it should have to.
Can anyone verify for me that the method outlined above works to get the 2nd miniboss killed without more dwarves being spawned? I'd like to try it, but the folks who were there in the gauntlet the first time we ran Thorim 25 insist that dwaves start spawning as soon as you pull the first 2 mobs past the first miniboss. It's possible that their dps was too low and they didn't kill those first 2 dwarves and then the 2nd acolyte quickly enough.