Skip to content
Maintankadin

Shattered Sun Pendant of Acumen

Racerover
Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:13 am

Shattered Sun Pendant of Acumen

Hey folks. First post on here, and I just wanted to say a quick thank you before asking my question. I've learned a great deal about paladin tanking from this website.

That being said, I was looking into replacing a blue neckpiece that I still have. The neckpiece is from CE rep, and I came across a link of this new spell damage neckpiece. I'm aldor and it gives me a 120 spell damage buff proc for 10 seconds.

http://thottbot.com/i34678 - Link to Necklace

Pending your responses, I have some gear that will put me back above the 490 defense rating as well as 102.4 avoidance if I were to equip this piece.

I guess my question to those out there is if the extra spell damage and proc would be worth losing 100 something hp and a little dodge.

Thanks for any responses!
Fredric
Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:46 am
Depends at your current gear I guess. If you run oom in instances you run for having to much avoidance then do so.
If you're still eating enough damage and don't have any threat problems don't.
Saltychip
Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:48 am
I'm also curious about using this, seems pretty darn good for aldor if you can sacrifice the avoidance and hp.
_________________
Vagrant
Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:06 am
That neck plus Timbal's and Al'ar trinket will be a bundle of fun for sure.
_________________
Nord EU
dlantz
Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:07 am
I'd get it as a threat necklace for trash. For bosses, you probably want the extra avoidance.
Seloei
Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:06 am
All 4 of the new necks are utter crap for scryers. Melee and Spelldamage ones have identical procs, ~350 or 700 arcane damage on a blue moon. Healing proc for about the sameish iirc and the tanking one! 100 expertise ftw?
It's a blood elf island and the blood elves got screwed over the worst (Scryers that is). The bonuses are godly for aldor's, compared to these.
_________________
Khayne
Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:49 am
Well the healing neck will be nice when i equip full healing set on but otherwise i agree.

We got shafted big time.
_________________
steadypal
Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:27 pm
what in the world procs this? i've been trying all night, seals arent.... judgements arent.... holy shield and consecrate isnt... i've tried healing and that hasnt procced it, what gives am i the only one that isnt getting this neck to proc?
Seloei
Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:42 pm
you have to be exalted with a faction for it to work (aldor or scryer). You can't see the healing neck proc unless it's effective healing. Spammed FoL's for 5 minutes straight on self with full health, didn't see a proc go off.

I'm assuming your scryer and you didn't notice a small extra "shock" go off which hit the target for 350'sh damage
_________________
Warheit
Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:35 am
i just picked up all 4 to give them a spin, i cannot for hte life of me proc this neckpiece however, Acumen just doesnt seem to proc at all.

i killed the guys that drop mana remnants for 10 minutes nonstop, never once it proced. tried the melee one, procced on first hit every minute or so. tried the tank one, procced every minute or so, tried the healing one, procced every minute or so, but i just cannot get this acumen neckpiece to proc...
_________________
Dazhbog
Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:47 am
Hmm, procs all the bloody time for me. Hell, it proc'd when I sat to drink (i.e. "cast" the spell to eat/drink). THREE TIMES running. It got kind of annoying.
_________________
Warheit
Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:08 pm
i vendored it after 20 minutes of killing stuff and it not proccing.

i wouldnt use it over the tanking one for aoe tanking and i dont farm/quest anymore on my paladin, so i wont miss it, since i wouldnt use it.
_________________