Skip to content
Maintankadin

Dodge vs Stamina?

antiy4ho0
Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:45 pm

Dodge vs Stamina?

I've noticed a lot of the "supposed" upgrades that are in line for my tankadin seem to have less and less Dodge and more Stamina + Block rating. Seems kind of backwards don't you think? Like I just grabbed the badge boots over these. Yeah it was a no brainer for me on this one I gain 44 stamina but I still don't like losing Dodge and replacing it with Shield block rating. Yeah I'm uncrushable still and thats whats important but I'm looking at more and more of possible upgrades and I see less and less dodge rating. Whats up with that? It seems like at some point the added HP isn't going to be so awesome when I'm eating these hits that I could be dodging.
_________________
Enkal
Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:11 am
It will change back towards dodge rating in tier 6 content. It seems Blizzards tank itemization for tier 5 content is block rating and block value. :/
_________________
Athon
Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:57 am
I've noticed the same. My pally used to have about 14k health and 23% dodge. Then I got Unwavering legguards and Jungle Stompers. Now I have 20% dodge and 15k health. My block chance has jumped up heavily and I'm sure it will rise even more (I'll probably get shoulders from ZA timed event). I'm not too worried about this though. I only tank in ZA and Kara, and I don't want to be mana starved because of too high dodge chance, and I don't think my dodge chance is too low.

I wish there was more high stamina, pre-Kara block rating gear.
Eneroth
Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:02 am
Yeah it's once you hit t6 that your block rating drops down low. Right now this is the lowest my block rating has been in a long time, but my Dodge is freaking insane at the moment.
_________________