Skip to content
Maintankadin

I need a farming sword (or do I ?)

Cynique
Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:02 am

I need a farming sword (or do I ?)

Hello,
I have this sword which from all accounts is fine for tanking.

For farming I was wondering if I could do better. All other things being equal what do think of these :

Inuuro's blade
Sunbreaker

Would they make a real difference to farming ?
Does the speed make a lot of difference farming wise ?
Would you ever choose to replace my current blade with one of these for tanking ?
Ulushnar
Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:25 am
For the umpteenth time: Spelldamage is still the best way to go for soloing. Even if you have Seal of Blood, get spelldamage gear since that'll boost Holy Shield and Consecration as well.

Don't bother with SoB unless you're specced ret and geared appropriately.
_________________
Beware the advice of successful people. They do not seek company.

Snake-Aes
Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:25 am
Farming is all about spell damage, block rating and block value. Rating and value are very easy to fill with up-to-kara gear, and even healing isn't that big against melee with Colossus.
My weapon never made much of a difference, specially since very few weapons contribute to BR or BV . It kinda defaults to spell damage.
_________________

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur (Anything said in Latin sounds deep)
Jonlo
Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:39 am
A weapon for a tank Paladin is really just a stat stick for Spell Damage and Stam. If I could get gloves with 200+ spell damage on them, I could run around and just punch things in the face as effectively as I do with hitting them with a hammer.
_________________
Cynique
Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:20 am
Thanks very much, that makes a few things clearer. I'll just go +40 spell damage enchant on my Continuum blade and continue as I'm doing now
Smile
Endus
Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:05 pm
Just to give you an idea, I've got a Gladiator's Gavel with +40 spelldamage as my main tank weapon, and I picked up Despair a few weeks ago from Opera when nobody else wanted it. I use Despair, soloing, in exactly one situation; when there's one enemy. It's marginally faster that way. 2 or more, I'm better off slapping on my hammer and shield, and Prot AoEing.

And when Prot AoEing, I can kill 10 mobs in roughly the same amount of time it takes me to kill 1, as long as I can survive. My weapon damage is almost irrelevant compared to the blocks, Consecrate, and ret aura.
_________________
djlar
Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:12 pm
I use my demon sword when farming demons on Sunwell, combined with Exorcism I dispatch them very quickly (I usally wizard potion it also).

BTW this is the very best zone for Aldor rep grinding and mote of mana gathering, got myself 3 primal manas in 1 hour or so along with about 20 marks...
Eneroth
Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:10 pm
When I farm I use some tanking gear, some healing, some pvp gear and some blues + spell damage gear I picked up.

This way I have the most bang for my buck with my spells. Unless you go ret, +spell damage is where all the money is at if you want to farm.
_________________