Skip to content
Maintankadin

Iron Gaunlets of the Maiden of Justicar Handguards(2 piece)

Saltychip
Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:45 pm

Iron Gaunlets of the Maiden of Justicar Handguards(2 piece)

Hello everyone Smile,

Maiden dropped her gloves tonight and I won them(MT for guild Razz), At that point when I got them I was thinking of using them for Stam/avoidance heavy fights like tanking gruul or something. It sounded like a sound plan. I use the 2 piece set bonus of Tier4. I have the shoulders and gloves I use to make the bonus, however with the maiden gloves I'd lose that bonus which I'm not very happy about. Personally I love the 2 piece set bonus I'm not sure how much threat/tps in the end it gives me extra but it seems pretty darn good.

I also got enough badges to get the 2.3 badge boots tonight so I'm up to 360 spell dmg unbuffed along with the 2 piece set bonus. Which would make for some nice tps I think. When I got the boots tonight I lost about 2.35% avoidance so armory doesn't show it but I'll be respeccing to 5/5 deflection and taking 3 points out of reckoning(i love reckoning sorry people that say its terrible).

So with 5/5 deflection and my t4 gloves I would be at 104.1% avoidance. The hard question is that if I just use the maiden gloves, I wouldn't have to respec to get that extra 3% avoidance since the gloves would give me enough. However I would be lowing spell damage and the 2 piece set bonus which is around 300 extra seal or righetous damage in the end. I've been thinking about it hard and I cant come to a decision so I'm asking the help of the people here on these forums.


For people that skimmed through this post,

Question: Should I use Iron Gaunlets of the Maiden instead of t4 and lose the 2 piece set bonus?

Question: By using the tier 4 gloves I would need to respec for 5/5 parry and lose 3 points in reckoning(i love it when it procs). However if I use the maiden gloves I wouldn't need to respec and I would have enough avoidance.


Help Please!

Here is my armory for visual purposes.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Exodar&n=Judginator

Thanks Everyone Smile
_________________
moduspwnens
Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:08 pm
I'd go for the Tier 4 Gloves for boss tanking and Maiden's gloves for trash tanking, because block rating is a useless stat once uncrushable, so the tier 4 gloves will give you the full benefit. The tier 4 set bonus is just icing on the cake.

On a side-note, I wouldn't ever spec out of 5/5 Deflection. If I could spend more points in it, I would. I've tanked with and without Reckoning, and I don't miss it too much when it's gone.
_________________
Warsong US
Saltychip
Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:16 pm
Yeah thanks for that input Very Happy I'll stick with t4 for MT'ing since of that set bonus/spell dmg. I just respecced now for 5/5 deflection in order to get back to uncrushable. 2/5 reckoning. Cant be that bad Razz
_________________
wri7913
Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:32 am
I always put in 5/5 Parry... There is no reason not to. Reckoning can be dropped when you are tanking past curator. I know there was a bug where Prince could one shot you due to the reckoning bug or issue. Most people drop Reckoning when they are raid tanking and little else with their character.

As for this

Snake-Aes
Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:35 am
In all seriousness, I'm not even bothering with Maiden's gauntlets. I need the threat from Justicar much, much more than I need the EH from Maiden's gauntlets. Both in trash and in boss tanking.
_________________

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur (Anything said in Latin sounds deep)
Claydon
Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:40 am
until getting my T5 I would use T4 for trash and Maidens for bosses iirc maidens give you more health and avoidane, could be wrong though
_________________
Shields
Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:28 am
I had the Maiden gloves but never used them, they were kinda boring with no spell damage. Guess I didn't need them either.
Dorvan
Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:27 am
I use the Maiden Gloves tanking T6 boss content over both T4 and T5. The EH difference from the 2 sockets is significant, and makes the tradeoff for threat not very good compared to most threat/mitigation tradeoffs.

P.S. WTB T6 gloves this week
_________________
Bhrimstone
Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:34 am
I run with 4/5 T4 for tanking trash and 5-mans, but I save my Madien gloves for bosses just for the heath difference
_________________
Questioner:
"Back in my day in Karazhan we used to tank Nightbane with 12k unbuffed hps while walking uphill in the snow in both phases!"
kalbear
Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:01 am
Maidens are in general better gloves. The T4 gloves are the worst piece of a fairly badly itemized set. The threat bonus is nice, but you should be aiming for improving threat in other ways - and if you're at 360 SD right now, your threat should be sufficient for most everything.

Keep the T4 gloves, but I wouldn't bother using them regularly.
Robbert
Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:11 am
Both gloves have a place in your wardrobe and you should not pass up an opportunity to pick up the Gauntlets.

I use the T4 gloves for threat and Gauntlets for survivability. I have mine enchanted/gemmed to match that with 2% threat on the T4 gloves and 2SSoE and 240 armor kit on the Gauntlets. I keep the Gauntlets in my base tanking set and swap in T4 when threat is a bigger concern than survivability.
_________________