Skip to content
Maintankadin

Huge Stamina loss on T5 legs - worth it?

xyzor
Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:09 pm

Huge Stamina loss on T5 legs - worth it?

I always see people in here talking about how great the T5 legs are. Maybe I am missing something, but are they really worth it over the Unwavering legs or either of the new 100 badge legs? There is a very large drop in +stam when using them, which hurts a lot IMO.
_________________
Brickhouse
Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:24 pm
I think these T5 pants are sweet, as are the new 100 badge heroic pants (spell damage pants). As soon as I haul one of these in, it should push me to around +650 spell damage unbuffed, and around 900 raid buffed. =)
xyzor
Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:18 pm
I am not saying they aren't a fine item on their own, or for a threat set against light-hitting opponents, but my main question was are their merits worth the huge drop in stamina. I am guessing, as suspected, that they are not in a boss-tanking set. Since I MT most of what I tank, I dont think I will make these pants a high priority atm (unless someone can make a compelling argument for their belonging in my main tanking sets).
_________________
Lakirby
Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:06 pm
I use them (spellthreaded with a Glowing Nightseye) for threat gear. They're not boss-tanking pants really.
_________________



<Shadows of Eternity> - Kilrogg EU - 4/5 MH 3/9 BT
xyzor
Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:56 pm
The T4 legging flat out suck, I completely agree.

I do see merit in the T5 legs in an AoE/threat set, I suppose. The bonuses for T5 set items are pretty unimpressive IMO, so I wont be pursuing the T5 legs right away, but will wait until I can get them after people who need them for their primary sets.

I am working on building avoidance/mitigation on other pieces so I can swap a threat libram into my main gear instead of the block libram. Once I get the TK trash ring of the RoSS I should be there, even with my 'crappy' Unwavering Legs Wink.
_________________
Brickhouse
Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:28 pm
If you are your guilds main tank, then I would not use the T5 set or the new (spell damage) badge pants.
Warheit
Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:18 am
i passed tier 5 pants time n time again.

Unwavering legguards with an epic spellthreat + glowing nightseye in red gem slot are pretty much perfect for aoe tanking.

tier 5 pants are nice, but i wouldn't personally bother with them if you already have badge pants.
_________________