Skip to content
Maintankadin

T6 piece progression?

Dragonzbane
Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:25 am

T6 piece progression?

So my guild is starting on Illidan this week and I'm looking for some advice from you guy who are further along.


Right now I have T6 Shoulders and Gloves with priority on set gear.

In terms of picking up the 4 piece bonus I was thinking that the Gloves, Shoulders, Chest and Bracers would be my aim at least for the near future.

Should I pick up the Helm and/or Legs?
I use T1 Goggles & Praetorians for MTing and T5 for AoE.

Lastly, I still have 4 T4 sitting in the bank and use the Shoulders for Hyjal and the Helm/Shoulder for RoS. Should I bother hanging on to 2 pieces for the set bonus for a threat set?
_________________
Mateo
Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:43 am
2-piece T4 + 4-piece T6 is going to be sweet for threat/soloing.

You have the right idea though, and that's what I'm doing. I'm going Gloves/Shoulders/Chest/Bracers as soon as we kill Kalecgos this Thursday, and will be going Shoulders/Chest/Bracers/Belt as soon as I get a belt and a pair of Borderlands.

When I'm going for 4-piece, I'm usually in 4+Praetorian's for stamina, and 4+Faceplate for everything else.

I wouldn't worry about it too much; now that 3 tokens are dropping, you're almost guaranteed to get 5/5 before it's a concern. (Although, I should bite my tongue. We have 0 Hardened Hearts and 0 Bulwarks and were getting our asses beat last week.)
_________________
Elsie
Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:44 am
The helm is good for threat, but illidan's helm is better for everything else.

Praetorian and arguably badge (soon) legs are better than tier 6 legs so you're better off waiting on Kalecgos usually. There's significantly less competition for "6.5" leggings, anyway.

No, there's really no reason to hang on to tier 4. The spell damage on tier 6 is better. The shoulders can be good for AOE tanking, but so are the ZA warrior ones.