Skip to content
Maintankadin

Time to ditch the T4 shoulders?

Andox
Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:01 am

Time to ditch the T4 shoulders?

I see myself as pretty well geared for the content we are doing atm, 5/6 SSC and 3/4 in Tk and starting to try our Hyjal this week. I recently got the T5 shoulders and upgraded the T4 shoulders with them. I like the set bonus on T4, 10% more dmg on SoR and SoV. But the increased defense and parry on T5 is also very nice, but the bad thing about T4 > T5 is that I loose both some Spelldamage answell as the 10% more dmg bonus.

I really think that this will be noticed in my TPS, but the extra mitigation is also good for prgresstanking and/or bosses. For Hyjal I think that the T4 shoulders are better, because of the BR and BV, but I´m not sure about it, since I won´t need the setbonus when I AoE tank.
_________________
Ulushnar
Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:06 am
I only have the T4 shoulders atm, since I'm not willing to spend heavy DKP on the Pauldrons of the Neverdropping Champion from VR. However, I also don't have the 2pc bonus, but with over 400 spelldamage in my main set, I'm not concious of threatcapping anyone.

I do slip into a 4pc T4 when I tank trash, Void Reaver or Leo, but most of the time, I don't miss the set bonuses.
_________________
Beware the advice of successful people. They do not seek company.

Warrender
Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:11 am
I still use T4 shoulders for my AOE tanking set. It's a unique piece that has BR/BV and spellpower. As such, it's highly rated in my AOE tanking set.

I'll probably keep using it until I get another T6 piece for the 4 piece bonus.
_________________
Andox
Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:50 am
Good to hear that there isn´t any huge difference between those shoulders. Now I just need t owait until the gloves drops, I´m still stuck with some crappy Iron Gauntles of the Maiden since 1 year ago o.O Tobad I will be loosing around 300 health by doing that, jsut to hope that the epic gems in phase 3 will balance that abit.
_________________