Skip to content
Maintankadin

75badge legs or 1000badge legs...

corvilto
Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:53 am

75badge legs or 1000badge legs...

Hi

I realy cant descide what legs to chose of Inscribed Legplates of the Aldor or the Unwavering Legguards.
Now you may think im crazy and say take the 100badge paladin leg ffs...
But my current gear is kinda crappy and the Unwavering Legguards looks alot more appealing with all the mitigation compared to the Legplates of the Aldor.

The way i see it Unwavering Legguards gives:

More or less the same def and armor
9 more stam (with a 12stam blue gem if i go for the socket bonus)
2.27 less doge but 3.8 more block, witch is nice trying to stay uncrushable in crap gear..
and finaly 57 bv at the expence of 37 sd.

I already have 277sd unbuffed so the 37sd is not that important since im only going into kara and doing heroic's atm.

Tried to link my armory but it dont show me atm:/
But my gear is mostly the blues from the pre-kara guide here, except for s1 mace/shield, crafted belt and the 50badge helm.

Am i crazy or is the Unwavering Legguards actually a better upgrade at my lvl?
Tankznspankz
Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:57 am
Depends.

Unwavering = Trashset
Aldor = Boss set
Lightbreak
Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:02 am
You're not crazy.
_________________

Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. - Aesop
Sweeney
Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:37 am
I think if you are a gear level where the 75 badge leggings are more of an upgrade than the 100 ones, then you should consider getting them, but realize that as you upgrade other pieces, you'll rapidly reach a point where the 100 badge ones would have been better for anything but trash pulls.

Basically, if you're having to worry about uncrushability at all, you can probably pick up several other upgrades first before you get either pants. It's a matter of immediate value vs. longevity, so you have to weigh how rapidly you're getting badges vs. how long until you move into new content. If it's just Kara/heroics on the horizon, then yeah, I think you're probably right.
_________________
Sweeney: 70 Paladin, Runetotem
Fedaykin98
Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:38 am
I would absolutely get the Aldor ones, because they have more longevity to them. Badges may drop everywhere now, but I'm still not throwing away 75 badges like it's nothing.

Badge gear is awesome, powerful stuff - it lets you cheat and jump way ahead in terms of gearing. Cheat it up to the max, I say. Wink

I can't Armory from here, but perhaps there are some enchants or such that will help you with your Uncrushability concerns? For example, if you are all over Block Rating, you can get it on your shield, which would more or less close the gap between these two pairs of pants.

I know you are scrambling for uncrushability right now, but eventually you won't be, and you'll have more Block Rating than you know what to do with, and you may wish then that you had your badges back. That's the point I'm at, about 2% over Uncrushability even with double Stamina trinkets equipped. I can't wait to trade some of the useless Block Rating on Unwavering Legguards for very useful dodge on Aldor. Plus, more threat is a good thing.
_________________
corvilto
Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:46 am
Erm 1000 badges might be a nice grind, about 1 year of clearing kara each week:P

Thanks for the two constuctive reply tho, think ill just go kara a cupple more times and hope some other nice stuff drop and save some badges.
Guess its better to use badges on pieces that dont drop alto not using my badges asap is a drag:P

armory:http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bronze+Dragonflight&n=Nopal
xyzor
Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:20 pm
What about keeping the unwavering badge legs for the extra stam, and using the extra block rating to swap out the shield block libram for the Sor/JoR libram at higher gear levels? I am considering that atm...
_________________
Crittoris
Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:02 pm
I'll mostly just be doing heroics, maybe a lil kara. 2.3? That's a lot of block value.
_________________
Saviorself - 70 priest
Expriest - 70 warrior
Wafflez - 63ish priest
Crittoris - 66 pally and rising!
Athon
Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:20 pm
I got Unwavering legguards just two weeks ago or so, although I knew that 2.4 was getting close. I love these leggings. Lots of health, lots of block value and block rating. Perfect for heroics, and perfect for staying uncrushable too. I was able to swap some multicolored gems to pure stamina gems because of the huge block rating.
Dragonzbane
Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:39 am
Unwaivering Legguards are the most overrated pieces of armor discussed on this board.

At the level that most people decide they want them the Stamina is absolutely unnecessery!!!

In Kara and Heroics you don't need that stamina.
You just don't.
Anyone that tells you otherwise just doesn't know what they are talking about.

Reminder:
Most of us did Heroics and Kara with 10k-12k unbuffed HPs
All of the Heroics and Kara has been drastically nerfed since those days.

Get the 100 Badge Legs, they will last you a much longer time and be more useful to boot, watch:
MT -> 100
OT -> 100
Speed Trash -> 100
Soloing -> 100
AoE tanking -> 75

If you're still worried about AoE tanking then pickup the Unwaivering after you get the other set. Or you could pickup other pieces to offset that lack of Unwaivering.
_________________
dlantz
Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:37 am
I wouldn't call them overrated. They have a ton of stamina and block rating. At that gear level, the stam lets you do things like wear Andormu's Tear or grab a couple def rating trinkets without worrying about your health, and they're 2% ahead of the new ones in uncrushability, something still important at the entry to t5 level.

Also, I know we all tanked kara back in the day with less health... but that doesn't matter. If you want to be chosen as the main tank, perception matters just as much as ability. Sure you can tank it now at 10k, but if some warrior is wandering around with 15k, the raid is going to make him the tank. Stamina is the big number that people that don't have a clue look to when they decide if a tank is good. Sometimes you're better off stacking it even if you don't need it.

(I know I got my MT job originally because I was able to push my stam about 2k buffed above our MT warrior. Since then, it's evened out a lot, but I've already proven I can tank so nobody cares. Thing is, I doubt I'd have ever been given a shot without the health.)