Skip to content
Maintankadin

Working on gear upgrades - Quest Aldor no More

Ruxpin
Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:57 pm

Working on gear upgrades - Quest Aldor no More

I have to choose either the Girdle of the Lost Vindicator or Kaylaan's Spaulders. I'm currently wearing the Warchief's Mantle and the Fearless Girdle. I tend to think that the belt is a better upgrade, but I might be getting the Starcaller's Plated Belt or Lightwarden's Girdle (if I can ever get a group) before too long, and the shoulders seem like they might be a nice for threat. I don't know when I'm going to get a shoulder upgrade beyond this. I guess it comes down to, I'm not sure if the shoulder is an upgrade or not, the belt is probably a better upgrade for what I'm currently wearing, I'm not uncrittable yet so while the strength is a waste, the +def is better than what I have, but I don't know how long I'll use it. Does anyone have any good advice? I'm torn.

(edited for formatting)
_________________
Kelaan
Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:17 am
I just picked up the Nexus-Guard's pauldrons, and had been considering Kaylaan's due to the spelldamage for use when 5-man tanking. (Since I've been working on CrushabilityAtAllCosts!, Ihaven't picked up much spelldamage besides my weapon.)

Ultimately, both tankish-pieces look like they will be replaced:

Nexus-Guard's shoulders >> Kaylaan's by over 1% uncrushability. Since I have it, I'm less motivated by Kaylaan's. It took me roughly half an hour to obtain last night. You'll eventually get ones with spelldamage from drops, too, I imagine.

Sha'Tari Vindicator's >> all, in the medium-long-term (worse than badge belts, IIRC, but a huge amount of block rating and block value).
Lightwarden's Girdle > the one from "Aldor no More" -- more mitigation, AND has spelldamage.

Still, I plan -- within a month or so -- to be wearing Nexus-Guard pauldrons (or better) and the Sha'Tari vindicator's waistguard. For that reason, I'm planning to take the +AP/agi/hit ring that conflicts with the LIghtwarden's Girdle, as it's not easily replaceable for a DPS set. ((Elder tankadins: is this a foolish idea? Will missing that spelldamage be a Bad Thing?))

/edit: And I just realized none of this addresses the question directly. Wink I'd say get the shoulders for now, and you can pair it with either the Starcaller's belt or the Sha'tari vindicator's, and wear something different in an uncrushability set.