Skip to content
Maintankadin

Enchant Shield - Major Stamina vs. Block Rating

Korvboll
Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:34 am

Enchant Shield - Major Stamina vs. Block Rating

So yesterday while I was farming Shattered Sun rep for the new shield I was wondering if I could have some other enchant on it rather than Major Stamina, and to be honest I didn't even know there was an enchant like Block Rating.

Anyway, I was thinking that Block Rating should be better than Major Stamina since the block enchant gives 1,9% block, which gives both avoidance and threat - even if its very minimal -, while 18 stamina only gives me a larger HP pool. Not that stamina is bad, ofcourse not, but all in all I belive that it's better with block rating, seing as it's one of a paladins most wanted stats.

(Sorry if this has been asked before.)

Thoughts?
Arthaal
Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:32 am
Not if you're uncrushable it doesn't... you are uncrushable right?
_________________
Jobah
Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:38 am
Screw block rating. Screw block value (maybe). What content are you tanking? And which tank set is this piece gonna contribute to?
Eanin
Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:34 pm
If you're uncrushable, it's a pointless enchant in single-target tanking.

For multi-target tanking, Tough Shield is better.

So, basically, for an uncrushable tank, it's worthless.
_________________
Crittoris
Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:28 pm
There are reasons to use it. 18 stam for 18 br...using the figurine of the colossus instead of a 51 stam trinket is a bigger waste and people still do that. Do what you want.
_________________
Saviorself - 70 priest
Expriest - 70 warrior
Wafflez - 63ish priest
Crittoris - 66 pally and rising!
Argali
Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:06 pm
With the +1.9% block chance, you could replace some defense/dodge/parry with something else that you want.
_________________
Erlata
Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:57 am
Um what you lot on about last time i looked it was BlockValue not rating? have they changed it again to blockrating? I have no way to check this at work so may be completly wrong Smile But i put this Block* on my ZA shield to aoe tank in MH and put stam on my hardened heart sheild.
_________________


http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bloodfeather&n=Erlata
Holyfuri
Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:16 am
Just to clarify, in simple terms.

Any avoidance/mitigation you gain after uncrushable results in more block rating being pushed off the table.

For example:

Defense: 496(5.84%)
Dodge: 24%
Parry: 16%
Block: 28%
Avoidance/Block: 108.84%

You actually only have a 21.56% block chance when holy shield is active. At this stage the Libram of Repentance becomes worthless for single target tanking, seeing as how all it does is add more block rating.
_________________
dlantz
Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:16 am
I tend to tow the uncrushable line as tightly as possible, and I end up with more stamina getting the block rating than I would from the stamina. All depends on your gear which will work out better for you.
Ciandin
Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:30 am
There are 3 enchants in question.

18 stam
18 block value
15 block rating (there is also a 10 block rating enchant, which is very rare, dropping in scarlet monestary)

All of these have been available since the release of TBC.