Skip to content
Maintankadin

Dilemma

lafayatte
Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:09 pm

Dilemma

Good day gents.

I'm a prot pally, who desires to be the best that he can be (given the time i have/heroics/raids that i have time to go to, cause of work)

Currently I'm in a dilemma of sorts...

1) I'm upping engineering for my goggles (tho i have t4 helm

2) I'm burnt out from doing heroics. i normally farm h ub, sp, mech for badges, and occasional kara runs for badges too.

Please take a look at my gear, and recommend what "directions" should i be heading for?

I have 25% dodge in my dodge set, and 25% block in block set.

P.S i frequently get turned away cause of my 11.5-12k hp for tougher heroics.

appreciate all comments.

cheers
Doktah
Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:39 pm
You shouldn't be getting turned away with what you have. I was tanking heroics in that stuff way back when....it was easier for me though since I made some good friends and roll with them all the time so we just need to find 1 person to fill a group most of the time.

Sorry to say it but you will need to stick to the badge grind. Just running ZA and heroics/kara for badges will easily bump you to 14khp and more avoidance.
_________________
lafayatte
Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:43 pm
hmn anyone else?

shld i focus on a new shoulders? (S1/Bold currently)

or belt from badges?

or should i wait out for kara, for maiden/attumen/bane to drop their neck/gauntlets/wrist and shield for me?
_________________
Keejoong
Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:10 pm
Patience I say, see if you can get the trinket off last boss shat halls, should be pretty easy on normal. As for shoulders... I went from Righteousness shoulders to netherspite shoulders and missed on my T5 cause healer wanted offspec shoulders Sad

Anyway I digress. Basically those trinkets, farm Lower City rep and get crest of the sha'tar imo - or if you can, farm the new Shattered Sun Offensive rep and get the exalted shield from that - IMO looks good even though I lose some stam
lafayatte
Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:16 pm
thanks. i'm half way thru to exalted on shatar for the exalted shield

been grinding honour abit for the s1 gavel, might save for a mg instead

yeah how abt wrist/waist/bracers?

any advice

much appreciated once again
_________________
Keejoong
Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:38 pm
Since it looks like you're doing Kara, get

Moroes waist or badge waist,
Attumen wrists or badge wrists,

btw wrist = bracers Razz

As for boots, Boots of Elusion or the Chest boots are good,
but again, badge boots are very nice too.

Basically - Kara drops or Badge drops, whatever is easier for you Smile

BTW Nice to see someone from the Oceania servers on this forum
lafayatte
Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:57 pm
haha awesome.

which server ya from?
_________________
Keejoong
Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:05 pm
Not everyone has "Australia" or whatnot in their location section on the left, and not everyone in the oceania area play on oceania servers (friend plays on Akama, American server)

I apologise if I offended you for some reason, but seriously no need to get that defensive, just saying Hi cause I noticed he/shes on Thaurissan
Levantine
Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:15 pm
Illara and I are on Barthilas, there are a couple of Thaurissan people as you said, and I've seen some Nagrand, Caelestrasz and Aman'thul peeps as well. Wink It's not hard to notice these things.
_________________

Keejoong
Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:40 pm
Then Hi to you too Smile

BTW Anyone here on Frostmourne?