Skip to content
Maintankadin

Need help with gloves.

Gront
Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:45 am

Need help with gloves.

I am now in possession of two glove pieces. Felsteel Gloves and Thatia's Self-Correcting Gauntlets. I'm unsure of which to pick over the other. I have already reached uncrittable status. Right now I'm stacking avoidance to gain uncrushability.

My Armoury: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostwolf&n=Gront

Felsteel Gloves:
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=23517

Socketed with 1 Enduring Talasite and 1 Shifting Nightseye.
+4 Defense rating
+4 Agility
+6 Stamina


Or

Thatia's Self-Correcting Gauntlets:
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28390

I used an avoidance macro I found on this great forum to calculate my avoidability with both. I get an extra 1% avoidability with the Felsteel Gloves. The problem is this, my shield is terrible and I'm unsure if I need the extra block.

Edit: I would appreciate any advice on which order I should start replacing my pre-70 gear. Thank you very much.

Edit2: Changed links to reference WoWhead.
Guillex
Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:58 am
You know, I keep mousing over thottbot links, hoping and praying that it'll pop up with a tooltip like the wowhead links do. Unfortunately, I keep getting disappointed.

That being said, BV does absolutely nothing for your avoidance and getting closer to uncrushable. Keep them for a BV/EH set.

If the felsteel have you go from say, 55% avoidance to 56% ... and Thatia's keep you at 55%, which do you think you should choose?
_________________
Official thread killer

Gront
Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:08 am
Thank you for the tip. I'll remember to use WoWhead next time.

Personally i would choose the Felsteel gloves for stacking unavoidability. My current goal.

I'm just worried my puny block value would compromise my ability in normal 5 mans. I do afterall have a long way to go.

I'll take your advice and dump Thatia's, keep them for another set and see if my 5 man ability is fine with my gloves.
Gront
Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:32 pm
Understood. I'll probably drop Thatia's once I get devilshark cape.