Skip to content
Maintankadin

Which Chest Enchant

Penicillan
Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:37 am

Which Chest Enchant

I know this has probably been asked multiple times, but i cant seem to find any threads about it.

My pally is up and coming, and im really enjoying playing her. In fact I just learned (and taught my guild) the wonders of aoe pulling in SH, and now i cant seem to stay out of that place because my guild wants to run it with me so much.

Anyways, Me and 2 of our other warrior tanks were talking about gear when the topic of the chest enchant came up. I have already taken the +150 health enchant because it offers more health than +6 stats. However, there are other stats to consider, and i wasnt sure. So my question, which to you think i should take considering my pallys gear atm.

The armory link should be in my sig (if not, it will be shortly). I am just starting to grab gear from kara, but i still have a long way to go.

Any input would be appreciated.

EDIT: Ok, sig is fixed
_________________
Ulushnar
Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:45 am
+15 Defense > +150 Health > +6 Stats

Stats really isn't a useful enchant for us because we don't really use any stats apart from Stamina. The agility from Stats might help slightly towards uncrushable, but if you're needing uncrushability, then you'd get more from the Defense Enchant, which offers just over 1% uncrush.

Ultimately Stats does a little of everything and fails to be spectacular at anything.
_________________
Beware the advice of successful people. They do not seek company.

Khayne
Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:28 am
Unless you´re putting straight out +12 stamina to everything to get the maximum EH set ever, i´d say to go with 15 defense now.

gemming for defense costs more than stamina, and 150hp is quite much less than 15 stamina. So if you can make that 150 hp (which is worth less than 12 stamina) to 15 defense, go for it.

Personally i think i´ll replace the 150hp on my chest with 15 defense once i get Commendation of KT to use with my DMC:V (i know, i´ll lack the nice use effects, but i don´t have imba use effect trinkets at the moment anyway).

Will need that extra uncrushability also since i´ll drop an defense trinket off.

I´d prob. drop it anyway though, for the extra avoidance.

+6 stats is too situational for my taste. I understand if someone uses it, but it never really made me want it.
_________________
Andox
Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:54 am
Is +15 defense really better than 150 health if you are uncrushble?
_________________
Andox
Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:02 am
You have a point there. Since most of the badge and ZA gear lacks defense I´m down to 492 defense now, it will increase when I regem my gear when Phase 3 gets to our realm. But I will think about it, personally I think 150 give me more.
_________________
Khayne
Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:07 am
Well let´s say you´d slap 2 +15 stamina gems to your current belt, and change chest enchant to +15 defense.

gains: 20 stamina, 7 defense rating
losses: 150 hp, 4 agility.

20 stamina is 255,2 hp after talents+kings.
7 defense rating is around 3 defense skill (2,966)
3 defense skill is 0,36% avoidance and 0,12% block chance.
4 agility is 4,4 after kings. 4,4 agility is 0,176% chance to dodge

Total sum up: with the change i mentioned at start, you´d gain:

105hp, 0,184% avoidance and 0,12% block chance, and also your defense would be 3 points higher so more wiggle room to stay uncrittable.

Loss of 8.8 armor and some melee crit from agility (didn´t bother to count that).

Stole the conversion numbers off wowwiki, and ofc i might have made some math error but didn´t notice it right away attleast (ofc some of these numbers will round up or down, but that depends on your rest of gear, these are average gains).
_________________
Guillex
Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:13 am
Actually Ulu ... I used exceptional stats on my vindicator's hauberk to keep me uncrushable as I was getting upgrades.

It's a dirty way of doing it, it doesn't give that much wiggle room, but it does provide a starting tank with something that'll boost his avoidance/mitigation a little, along with a stam boost.
_________________
Official thread killer