Skip to content
Maintankadin

Cudgel of Consecration vs. S1 Mace

Andox
Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:43 pm

Cudgel of Consecration vs. S1 Mace

Is there a difference between those two, really? The [Cudgel of Consecration] do have a little more SD, but that is only around 4-5 if socketed with a blue ge. [Cudgel of Consecration] is also slower, how will the speed affect the threat?
_________________
Papewaio
Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:08 pm
Statwise, with a typical 12 stamina Solid Star of Elune, the Cudgel will give you 27 stamina, against the Gavel's 28. On the other hand, it'll give you 20, rather than 18, intellect, 18 spell hit rather than 18 resilience (I certainly hope you don't need resilience for uncritability *shudder*), and 205 spelldamage, instead of 199.

Overall, the difference is:
-1 stamina
+2 intellect
+18 spell hit rating
+6 spelldamage

Of course, since there is a blue socket, you're free to stick a 15 stamina gem (like the Z'A one, or an empyrean sapphire, though that's a bit of a waste), or even an 18 stamina gem if you're a jewelcrafter. Both of those options would give you a strictly better weapon (stat-wise).

Overall, even if spell hit isn't the best threat stat over there, I'd say the trade off is good. You're only losing out on about 13 health after BoK, against some nice threat stats. Of course, that's from my perspective, as someone who has neither, which allows me to stop trying to pretend I can PvP. If I had the gavel, like you, I'd call that too tiny an upgrade to bother farming for it.

Regarding weapon speed, you'd probably prefer the slower cudgel over the gavel for SoV, but I reckon you should be using SoR either way. Faster weapon means steadier threat, more SoL/SoW procs, but also more chances to get parry-gibbed, so I guess that's a wash.
_________________
Armory Profile
Andox
Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:49 am
Yes, it´s not like I´m farming it Razz Got it on my first heroic MrT run, I would been prefered the trinket... But shit happends. The only thing i dislike with the crudgel is the looks, its to small, it looks very silly!
_________________
Eanin
Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:51 am
I'm glad I got my S1 mace, even though I know there's a really good chance I'll replace it soon. That +18 resilience is great for resist fights.

But yeah, I probably wouldn't bother farming it now. I'd just run MT until that cudgel dropped.
_________________
Keejoong
Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:25 pm
Would upgrading to S1 Mace / Cudgel from the Lower City Gavel be worth it? Since farming honor is so easy now, and I try to do H MrT once a day (Got the trinket yesterday Smile ), which one would be better overall? BTW Have you noticed SoV seems to stick a little better now? Maybe its just me....
Andox
Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:22 pm
It´s not jus tyou, seems like they increased PPM (or %), made it less dependant on spellhit or asomething like that, it´s a very good seal for bosses and "big" trash. Like the giants in SSC for example.
_________________
Keejoong
Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:43 pm
Ah, in conjunction with human female 1h weapon size increase, so did the PPM (maybe) sounds good! BTW if you use a 1.6/1.8 speed weapon, how hard is it to maintain said 5 stack of SoV on a boss? Its not too bad with Gavel, but since anything beyond that seems to be 1.6/1.8 wondering if I should even bother keeping it on my action bar
Andox
Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:55 pm
I´m using the Cudgel atm, which has a 1.9 speed. I don´t find any problems in keeping the stack up, maybe I´m just lucky or something like that, but for me SoV has definatly changed!
_________________
Pious
Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:02 am
I got it in my first MrT heroic.

It's replacing my S1 mace, because I like the looks more and it's not a PvP item. It's the same model as the Northshire Battlemace - a 'real' Holy Paladin weapon, this is just the Prot-Pally's counterpart. Actually looks like a proper flanged mace and not a lump of crystal on a stick.

O, and it's slower, so I find I'm using SoV a lot more now with better results.
inthedrops
Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:12 am
I have both, and I really like the cudgel. I actually use SoV now. I keep the other one in my bags only for Hydross and final boss in MgT (to remain uncrittable in healing gear) at this point. Although technically I haven't done either since getting the new mace but that's why it's still in my bag Smile
_________________
Lollore
Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:25 pm
I got the S1 mace like a week before 2.4 came out. Then on my first Heroic MT run I got the Cudgel. I guess I'll save my S1 mace for Deathfrost when people start selling the enchant.

On a different note, I also got my trinket the 2nd run so no more Heroic MT for me!
_________________

Paladin AoE Prot Grinding 3
Keejoong
Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:41 pm
On a not so related note, anyone else think CoC looks damn ugly?