Skip to content
Maintankadin

T6/BT Avoidance Gear

Imbur
Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:42 pm

T6/BT Avoidance Gear

I have my AoE tank gear, focusing on block value>spell dmg>stam>avoidance. I am uncrushable in it as well. I USED to have a stam set, and a pure avoidance set. After relizing I had 4 tanking belts, 3 shoulders, 2 shields, and 3 of every other piece, i combined my stam and avoidance set, making it my tank set when not aoe tanking. At the moment, unbuffed, I have 23% dodge, 19% parry, and a low 17% shield block, uncrushable. I just got the Pauldrons off of Supremus, and also my t6 prot shoulders. If I put either of them on, it makes me crushable, and lowers my block rating to 11ish%. I use the ZA timed chest shoulders now.

Wondering, is 11% block way too low, even if I remain uncrushable? Can I not worry about uncrushability when I am not tanking bosses, and just got for more stats/stam? I had to nerf my stam as it is, to keep my avoidance up.

I have a lot of the loot out of BT/MH, here is a list of my avoidance set. Please critque as you can, as I have switch out for every piece. Im mostly going with the gear guide listed here, with my own tweaks to trinkets and certain pieces, as well as gems.


Helm: Battleworn Tuskguard
Neck: Barbed Choker of Disclipline
Shoulder: Pauldrons of Stone Resolve
Back: Pepe's
Chest: Stoic Guardian
Bracer: Ancient Phalanx
Glove: T6
Belt: Stability
Legs: Preatorians
Boots: Tide Stompers
Rings: Abyssal Lord, 7th Tristfallen
Trinket: Figurine of the colussus, Vengence (had to put on figurine when i combined sets, to keep my block up.

I got about 7-8 pieces in the bank, from T5, to badge loot, to craftables, to BT gear. How the hell can I work in one of the pair of super epic shoulders I just got, without being gimp. Thanks-
Imbur, Doomhammer. I specced holy for raid, so my armory might not be correct, though Feel free to armory me for more insight.
_________________
Worldie
Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:20 pm
My block rating and block value are also ridicolously low in my bosstanking gear. Around 12% block and 270 block value atm... however i have 32% dodge and 18% parry already.

As you should know, as long as you have the 102.4%, block rating would get get pushed out anyway, so no need to have more.
_________________

ricmrune
Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:37 pm
I don't think you need more block if you're already at uncrush with HS. I'm not sure how your set is mixed so that you are crushable while using T6 shoulders. If you can set up a warcrafter.net toon, that could help.

Anyways, Slikk's cloak has more avoidance than Pepe's and the Def. can help you on the uncrittable part.

If you have most of the T6 gear and accessories you can just stick to that imo. I try not to have too many sets of gear on hand because I carry heal gear on along with 2 bags of consumables.
_________________
RICMRUNE - Paladin (Windrunner)

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Windrunner&n=Ricmrune
Stroja
Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:42 am
Both the Al'ar and badge cloaks provide more avoidance. Pepe's has more stam and some hit rating - not that impressive for a pally, IMO.
_________________
Imbur
Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:53 pm
I tried out the new set up, in Kara, ZA, and heroics. I Still seem to be the same for my healser. Checking threads here though, I see most paladins with 24,18,22@ dodge parry block. Im at like 27,20,14. Feels like im doin something wrong. I have 16.5 unbuffed hp, but are you sure I dont need more block rating when tanking BT/MH? also, I kwwp my defense right at 490, and my avoidance right around 103%, stacking stam. should i resocket for more avoidance, less stam?
_________________
Worldie
Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:06 am
Tanking Hyjal is different thing.

If you really want to do things well, you should have different sets for aoetanking hyjal and the rest. Hyjal favours armor and block value/rating over everything else.
_________________

Doktah
Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:51 am
I ran into the issue of not having enough space in my bags for multiple tanking sets. I have resist gear for shadow/fire/arcane, then a healing set so I mixed up my tanking gear. I have about 19%dodge/14%parry/25%block...I can bump up my dodge with moroes trinket but I really have no need for it since MH/BT I am aoeing tanking or healing.

I am not a big fan of multiple tanking sets anyways, just use what fits your play style and stay uncrush/uncritable and you will be fine.
_________________
Imbur
Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:21 pm
Well, I just tanked Veras Darkshadow. I see the problem now. During the fight I had 31% dodge, 20% parry,and 19% block. When i pop my shield block i dodge dodge dodge parry parry block block block, barely getting hit. but when he actually hits me, and i block his attacks, and i use up holy shield... I have a far less chance to block attacks. So if I am tanking a mob with fast hits, or 2-3 mobs, once my shield is used up i can take full unmitigated dmg.


Of course I have different sets for aoe tanking: 500 spell dmg 23 dodge 17 parry 25 block with around 1000 block value Very Happy.

But I am still impressed with my avoidance with such a low block rating, I would say Veras was hitting me one out of ten attacks, freeing up my healer for other people.
_________________
Devilheals
Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:55 pm
Once you get into T6 content most of your threat comes from seals/judge and consecration. In my gear I'm about 28.5% dodge and 14% block with holy shield being ranked about 5th or 6th in damage.
_________________
Eneroth
Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:10 am
I am just getting into that same point now a days. I just started to upgrade my gear into t6. I enjoy not getting hit as much, but I do miss my holy shield. My Block rating was always the highest in the lower tier zones, but now it's in the middle. Right now I am running at 28.42% Dodge, 18.93% Parry and only 19.08 Block (49.08% with HS).

I am hoping to get the bracer off the Shade soon to raise my spell damage. But yeah I generate most of my threat now from my seals and my aoe.

Oh and yeah I was wondering which cloak I should use. Pepe's or the Slikk's, Slikks is a bit less health but is a better avoidence cloak. Still useing Pepe's atm for the extra health, but on the edge of which one I should use full time.
_________________