Skip to content
Maintankadin

Felsteel vs KoT Pants

Pillar
Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:47 pm

Felsteel vs KoT Pants

So I'm curious to see which pair of pants is considered best for tanking. I currently have Felsteel, but have seen several posts recomending the KoT pants. Please post why you prefer one over the other.
Snake-Aes
Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:55 pm
higher stamina and real avoidance. As you gear up, specially in early uncrushability, you'll see that you can spare a lot of defense over avoidance/health.




Plus Timewarden's looks HOT on my pretty elf =D Vacuum-Sticked into my legs :p
Pillar
Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:01 pm
for those not at 490 defense, is it really advisable to give up defense for the avoidance and stamina?
Mizak
Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:38 pm
Kind of depends on what you are doing....if you are a newly minted 70, then you really don't need 490 right away, since you won't be fighting lvl 73 mobs. You could get away from 480 or 485 for quite some time.

The difference in defense between the 2 legs is what.....15? You could easily make that up in your other gear slots.

What you are going to have a harder time doing, once you hit 490, is to get your avoidance up while maintaining 490 and your hit pts. Def 490 was easy to hit, it was getting avoidance that was difficult. So once you hit 490, you're gonna wish you had taken the KoT legs. Of course, as long as you don't sell or disenchant it, keep the KoT legs banked, and switch them out once you have your defense up to where you like it to be.
Sthallas
Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:27 pm
If you want to have good pants sitting in the bank ready for you the minute you hit 70 to tank heroics/regs and kara then just make/pickup a pair of felsteel and be done with it until you a) get wrynns and then/or b) get enough badges for the 2.4 pants. Otherwise if you want a bit better pants then you're going to get revered with KoT soon enough anyway so get the Timewarden's with your Glyph and sword (if you aren't using the superior Crystalforged Blade).

Basically it comes down to, get the easier though a little less stam/avoidance pants now or wait til you hit the rep for the slightly better pants a little later.

I chose the felsteel route and replaced them with wrynn's soon enough. Nor did I notice the lack of anything by using them instead of the Timewarden's. Of course I also had the Band of Impenetrable Defenses/CFS and other gear all lined up ready to equip the second I dinged. But either way works. Agonizing over blues that will soon be replaced is sorta pointless.
cordelia
Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:59 pm
Isn't there a quest pants you can get too that's better than Felsteel? I'm too lazy to look it up, but I remember it being better avoidance, and possibly uncrushability than KoT, but less stam.
Lothlan
Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:34 pm
Legguards of the Resolute Defender

I believe those are the ones you are talking about :)
Frickit
Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:34 pm
Im mostly epics now and we are doing kara/gruuls/za
I still have Timewardens and Ill be sad when I finally get an upgrade for them. They have been just sick. I hear they nerfed them>? too.
The only thing im looking forward to is more armor and a little more stam but these pants are damn close to epic quality.