Skip to content
Maintankadin

2.4 New Trinkets

Saviouress
Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:12 pm

2.4 New Trinkets

Hi there,

does anyone know if the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34470 new Trinket proccs from Consecration Ticks, would be funny, but probably useless after all if it has an internal Cooldown.

Thanks for the information,

Saviouress.
_________________
Prot Paladin (Norgannon EU - Rising Phoenix)
Tunos
Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:43 pm
Can't really see it being useful in boss fights. Add packs maybe, but otherwise you're losing either too much avoidance or too much stamina.
Neuron
Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:32 am
Consecration Rank 6
Persistent Area Aura: Periodic Damage
Value: 64 every 1 second
Radius: 8 yards

FlameStrike Rank 7 (Effect #2)
Persistent Area Aura: Periodic Damage
Value: 106 every 2 seconds
Radius: 5 yards

Curse of Agony Rank 7
Apply Aura: Periodic Damage
Value: 113 every 2 seconds

All are periodic damage, but one is a debuff and one is an area debuff (auras are the technical term for buffs or debuffs).

It really just depends and the trinket will have to be tested. If these effects were 100% identical I would say yes, consecrate works with this trinket. But they are not, as consecrate is an area of effect. Basically we have no way of knowing until someone tests it.
_________________
Mateo
Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:54 am
I haven't personally gotten one yet, but it is something I will most definitely be trying out.

I currently use Tome of Fiery Redemption and Ashtongue Talisman of Zeal for threat. Replacing Tome with Timbal for single target could prove fruitful if it can proc off of Consecration, Talisman and Seal of Vengeance.

I'm sure the data on its frequency and ability will appear soon; we are still in the PTR after all.
_________________
DeadMilliken
Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:33 am
As a bump to this:

This trinket always does shadow damage (*looks like you cast a shadowbolt), has a 15sec internal cd, and a 10% proc That should effectively kill it compared to most other trinkets.
Aloette
Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:35 am
I think you'd end up losing too much stamina or avoidance with this trinket, for a marginal threat gain -- assuming it does proc off Consecrate. The damage is not holy, so our threat modifiers don't come into play here. The proc on the Crystal is 10% I am hearing, with a 15 second internal cooldown. Darkmoon Card Vengeance has the same procrate, and gives a nice chunk of HP, and is affected by your holy threat modifiers. It's still slightly less threat than the Crystal, but the +51 sta makes it more valuable for tanking I think.
Raice
Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:04 am
Got mine last night, it's nice to have the extra 44sd in my trinket slot that I didn't have before. I use it for my spell damage set, used for 5-man instances.

I hereby confirm that Timbal's Focusing Crystal does proc from consecrate

.... and also has about a 15 second internal cooldown Razz
_________________
Norfolk
Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:44 pm
This was a toy I was curious about picking up to see how it worked with SoV for tanking....since that combined with consecration should do a bit of a nice boost for threat in the proc time.

I have yet to try the new instance on heroic though. Maybe this weekend I'll give it a shot.
_________________
Sahiel
Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:24 pm
Since the thread title is 'trinkets' I figured rather than start a new one...

Anyone else quite as excited about the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=35700 JC trinket as me? 49 stam, 33 int and a 2 min CD on 150 spell damage.... damn, that's replacing my DM: Madness card for sure!
_________________